Buib question

Need technical Q/A then you're in the right place

Moderator: martauto

User avatar
aimlessrock
E30 Zone Squatter
E30 Zone Squatter
Posts: 1821
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:00 pm
Location: Manchester

Post Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:02 pm

I noticed over the weekend that the bulb that lights the rev counter appears to have blown and all that of the OBC (13 button).

I have no issues removing the clocks and OBC to change the bulbs but have notice that the real oem quotes differing part numbers:(23 & 24)

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showpar ... Id=62_0064

I assume its 23 I'm after?..cant be 100% sure.

Can anyone assist?

Regards

Gary
E30 320i Convertible (1989)
190 Mercedes (1988)

"there is nothing more expensive than a cheap E30"
User avatar
aimlessrock
E30 Zone Squatter
E30 Zone Squatter
Posts: 1821
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:00 pm
Location: Manchester

Post Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:38 pm

willnz wrote:23 is for illumination, 24 for the warning lights, so you want 23.
Thanks Will. much obliged.
E30 320i Convertible (1989)
190 Mercedes (1988)

"there is nothing more expensive than a cheap E30"
User avatar
Brianmoooore
E30 Zone Team Member
E30 Zone Team Member
Posts: 49360
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:00 pm

Post Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:50 pm

It's an ordinary 501 type capless bulb, but don't use the more common 5W type, instead of the correct 3W version, or things WILL melt from the excess heat.