Starter for 10: How heavy is a m20b25 engine on a pallet?

Need technical Q/A then you're in the right place

Moderator: martauto

User avatar
BackinBlack
E30 Zone Newbie
E30 Zone Newbie
Posts: 94
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:00 pm
Location: Doing Dirty Deeds Quite Cheaply

Post Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:56 am

Hi,

Trying to get some quotes for an engine delivery, does any one have some figures that I can give the couriers, please?

Weight and dimensions is possible, for a m20b25 engine on a pallet.

Thank you.
User avatar
TriggerFish
E30 Zone Regular
E30 Zone Regular
Posts: 508
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:00 pm
Location: Aylesbury, Bucks

Post Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:28 am

When I picked one up recently, I think it was about 180kg (fully built, minus gearbox). I found the weights on Google :)

I don't know the dimensions though.
User avatar
BackinBlack
E30 Zone Newbie
E30 Zone Newbie
Posts: 94
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:00 pm
Location: Doing Dirty Deeds Quite Cheaply

Post Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:13 pm

Thank you.

I tried google but failed :(

Looking at the quotes I'm getting its going to be cheaper to rent a transit for £50 (plus beers for helpers) and get it myself!!
Motorhole
E30 Zone Addict
E30 Zone Addict
Posts: 2395
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: Cheshire

Post Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:21 pm

Helpers?? A transit and an engine hoist is all the help you'll need :)
DanThe
E30 Zone Team Member
E30 Zone Team Member
Posts: 28649
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: Staffs

Post Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:39 pm

Over 150kg pallets get expensive, which is M20 territory