Alloy wheel choice

Need technical Q/A then you're in the right place

Moderator: martauto

User avatar
Winto
E30 Zone Newbie
E30 Zone Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:00 pm

Post Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:08 pm

Hello all,
Im looking at some BBS style alloys for my 325 and wanted to make sure I get the right ones. What is the best size alloys to put on it, 17" or 15"? I dont want them to look too big as I want to lower it 30-40mm. Will i need to roll the rear arches?
Any help and advice is welcome
Thankyou
Cloggy Saint
Old Skooler
Old Skooler
Posts: 8027
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: zummerzet

Post Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:36 pm

Definitely 15" over 17", and with a 30-40mm drop you won't need to roll the arches.
Image

E30 zone - promoting adult illiteracy since 2004
User avatar
Winto
E30 Zone Newbie
E30 Zone Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:00 pm

Post Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:57 pm

Ok perfect, do you know the beat size tyres to put on them? I dont want them stretched or anything
Cloggy Saint
Old Skooler
Old Skooler
Posts: 8027
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: zummerzet

Post Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:01 pm

205/55/15 :thumb:
Image

E30 zone - promoting adult illiteracy since 2004
User avatar
chu346
E30 Zone Addict
E30 Zone Addict
Posts: 2403
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: Leicester

Post Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:26 am

How have you overlooked 16"???

205/50/16 on front and 225/45/16 perfect :thumb:
User avatar
Winto
E30 Zone Newbie
E30 Zone Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:00 pm

Post Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:39 am

I do want the lower profile tyre look so I am looking towards 16" i think, I dont want the standard look 15" on it