Hello,
Need some info, I have try to fix my propshaft shake since last month.
I have replaced rubber giubo, complete propshaft that is factory balanced, center bearing.
The only 1 that I have not replaced yet is the center bush propshaft.
I see that the center Bush has deteriorate and no rubber so between center output flange and propshaft bush still have space to play.
Does bad center bush making shake at propshaft?
Any one have idea, what should I do?
Thank you
Markus
propshaft shake at 30-50 miles hours.
Moderator: martauto
-
markus_74
- E30 Zone Camper

- Posts: 1078
- Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:00 pm
- Location: Kudus city, Indonesia
-
bimanut
- E30 Zone Camper

- Posts: 1194
- Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:00 pm
- Location: Warrington
Yes,a broken centre bearing will cause the prop to move about giving rumbling noises,vibrations and the odd knock now and then.
You will need to change it,if left in this state for too long and it will start to cause damage to the linkages on the prop.
You will need to change it,if left in this state for too long and it will start to cause damage to the linkages on the prop.

-
HairyScreech
- Engaged to the E30 Zone

- Posts: 6265
- Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:00 pm
No he's on about the rubber end locating bush, the rubber bit that goes over the "spike" on the output shaft of the gearbox.
Yes if there is not one in there it can lead to shaft location problems.
Yes if there is not one in there it can lead to shaft location problems.
2.8 development thread http://www.e30zone.net/modules.php?name ... c&t=170822
m3.3.1 m20 thread - now running, chip needed - any volunteers?
http://www.e30zone.net/modules.php?name ... =viewtopic&
m3.3.1 m20 thread - now running, chip needed - any volunteers?
http://www.e30zone.net/modules.php?name ... =viewtopic&
-
markus_74
- E30 Zone Camper

- Posts: 1078
- Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:00 pm
- Location: Kudus city, Indonesia
Yes, it is the rubber bush in the front inside the propshaft . I will replace it tomorrow.
But if there is still shake can it be rubber giubo? (I buy cheap one not genuine/original I see
that the rubber look like different harder than original).
Also does maybe diff bush and gearbox bush may be has influenced the shake?
Any idea?
But if there is still shake can it be rubber giubo? (I buy cheap one not genuine/original I see
that the rubber look like different harder than original).
Also does maybe diff bush and gearbox bush may be has influenced the shake?
Any idea?
-
bimanut
- E30 Zone Camper

- Posts: 1194
- Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:00 pm
- Location: Warrington
My bad, didn't read it properly
Working nights messes with your head!
Working nights messes with your head!

-
HairyScreech
- Engaged to the E30 Zone

- Posts: 6265
- Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:00 pm
Wouldn't worry about it, just fit the aftermarket one, it is only there to aid in centering the prop, if it is not there then the prop can given the right conditions sit off-center and shake.
2.8 development thread http://www.e30zone.net/modules.php?name ... c&t=170822
m3.3.1 m20 thread - now running, chip needed - any volunteers?
http://www.e30zone.net/modules.php?name ... =viewtopic&
m3.3.1 m20 thread - now running, chip needed - any volunteers?
http://www.e30zone.net/modules.php?name ... =viewtopic&
-
markus_74
- E30 Zone Camper

- Posts: 1078
- Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:00 pm
- Location: Kudus city, Indonesia
Problem solved after I installed new center sleeve bushing and now vibration gone.
Thank you for all info
Markus
Thank you for all info
Markus
