C405 pins

Need technical Q/A then you're in the right place

Moderator: martauto

alexm3uk
E30 Zone Regular
E30 Zone Regular
Posts: 361
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: orpington,kent

Post Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:39 pm

Does anyone have a uk source for these pins as I need to rewire

BMW want almost £1 a pin I need 20 male and 20 female a˜”

I did look on zone wiki but it's in Poland and they don't have stock on the female pins

Help please
alexm3uk
E30 Zone Regular
E30 Zone Regular
Posts: 361
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: orpington,kent

Post Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:32 pm

Let's hope so a˜„a˜„
alexm3uk
E30 Zone Regular
E30 Zone Regular
Posts: 361
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: orpington,kent

Post Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:42 pm

alexm3uk
E30 Zone Regular
E30 Zone Regular
Posts: 361
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: orpington,kent

Post Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:39 pm

Anyone know if these will work ?
DanThe
E30 Zone Team Member
E30 Zone Team Member
Posts: 28649
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: Staffs

Post Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:34 pm

They look correct, I've always been able to reuse the pins when messing with the door plugs, best way to be sure is to remove a pin and measure it
User avatar
Brianmoooore
E30 Zone Team Member
E30 Zone Team Member
Posts: 49360
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:00 pm

Post Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:52 pm

They are readily available 'standard' pins, but whether they are the ones you've found, I couldn't say.
I'm also too tight to use new, and reuse the pins, the same as Dan, or extract a suitable one from a scrap loom.
alexm3uk
E30 Zone Regular
E30 Zone Regular
Posts: 361
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: orpington,kent

Post Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:47 pm

Lol ok I will order a bag of each through work that way I'm not pay either a˜€a˜€a˜€a˜€
alexm3uk
E30 Zone Regular
E30 Zone Regular
Posts: 361
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: orpington,kent

Post Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:17 pm

No do you need a special tool ? If so please link it for me

Was just to use a very small screwdriver
User avatar
bimanut
E30 Zone Camper
E30 Zone Camper
Posts: 1194
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:00 pm
Location: Warrington

Post Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:32 pm

I'd be interested in a tool for the job aswell as they are right pita to get out!
Image
alexm3uk
E30 Zone Regular
E30 Zone Regular
Posts: 361
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: orpington,kent

Post Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:42 pm

cheers mate :D :D :D
User avatar
bimanut
E30 Zone Camper
E30 Zone Camper
Posts: 1194
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:00 pm
Location: Warrington

Post Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:43 pm

:cool:
Image