I have 1000 mile old 4 pot ap's and 330mm 2 piece disc's on my written off e36 evo. I would like to fit the hubs and brakes, but heard it puts caster out.
Is it worth doing? What can I do to correct the caster?
Sorry don't know a lot about e30 just yet.
I'm not sure to go 5 stud or not. Or use my 6 speed box or buy a 5 speed.
What would you guys do if you had a modified e36 m3 evo donor car?
Cheers Grant
e36 m3 evo hubs and ap brakes
Moderator: martauto
-
Sanchez
- Married to the E30 Zone

- Posts: 7578
- Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2005 11:00 pm
- Location: Sunny Scotland
From what I've heard it's the evo that centres the wheel in the front arch the best other than e30 m3 parts.
-
grants50
- E30 Zone Newbie

- Posts: 54
- Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:00 pm
Oh I read somewhere evo hubs put wheel towards the back.
That's great news then. So use the e30 arms and evo hubs? My evo arms are bent, so would have to get new if need to use evo arms.
That's great news then. So use the e30 arms and evo hubs? My evo arms are bent, so would have to get new if need to use evo arms.
-
HairyScreech
- Engaged to the E30 Zone

- Posts: 6265
- Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:00 pm
Buy an e36 touring or a z3 to put the bits into.grants50 wrote: What would you guys do if you had a modified e36 m3 evo donor car?
You can correct the caster with adjustable or offset topmounts, other option is to use offset lower bushes, lots of threads around the internet on this.
2.8 development thread http://www.e30zone.net/modules.php?name ... c&t=170822
m3.3.1 m20 thread - now running, chip needed - any volunteers?
http://www.e30zone.net/modules.php?name ... =viewtopic&
m3.3.1 m20 thread - now running, chip needed - any volunteers?
http://www.e30zone.net/modules.php?name ... =viewtopic&
-
grants50
- E30 Zone Newbie

- Posts: 54
- Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:00 pm
Z3 coupe are too much money otherwise I would.HairyScreech wrote:Buy an e36 touring or a z3 to put the bits into.grants50 wrote: What would you guys do if you had a modified e36 m3 evo donor car?![]()
You can correct the caster with adjustable or offset topmounts, other option is to use offset lower bushes, lots of threads around the internet on this.
Yeah I'll do some more searching. I'll be getting adjustable topmounts so that will do. Also seen threads on how to make rear adjustable.
The car will be for track
-
FMH
- E30 Zone Addict

- Posts: 3213
- Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:00 pm
- Location: Birmingham
E36 m3 evo hubs, calipers, wishbones
E36 m3 shocks
E30 springs and top mounts
E30 m3 eccentric lollipop bushes
E36 m3 shocks
E30 springs and top mounts
E30 m3 eccentric lollipop bushes
-
grants50
- E30 Zone Newbie

- Posts: 54
- Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:00 pm
Hmm got HSD's so I'll fit e30 adjustable mounts to them. And can you get solid e30 m3 mounts?
I plan on running slicks
Cheers for the help lads
I plan on running slicks
Cheers for the help lads
-
Kos
- E30 Zone Team Member

- Posts: 15448
- Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:00 pm
- Location: London / Cyprus
Tree house racing control arm lolly pop mounts or AKG Ones (which are adjustable) are worth getting. The AKG ones being adjustable will assist in getting the castor right
