e36 m3 evo hubs and ap brakes

Need technical Q/A then you're in the right place

Moderator: martauto

User avatar
grants50
E30 Zone Newbie
E30 Zone Newbie
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:00 pm

Post Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:47 pm

I have 1000 mile old 4 pot ap's and 330mm 2 piece disc's on my written off e36 evo. I would like to fit the hubs and brakes, but heard it puts caster out.
Is it worth doing? What can I do to correct the caster?

Sorry don't know a lot about e30 just yet.

I'm not sure to go 5 stud or not. Or use my 6 speed box or buy a 5 speed.

What would you guys do if you had a modified e36 m3 evo donor car?

Cheers Grant
Sanchez
Married to the E30 Zone
Married to the E30 Zone
Posts: 7578
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: Sunny Scotland

Post Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:55 pm

From what I've heard it's the evo that centres the wheel in the front arch the best other than e30 m3 parts.
Image
User avatar
grants50
E30 Zone Newbie
E30 Zone Newbie
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:00 pm

Post Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:02 pm

Oh I read somewhere evo hubs put wheel towards the back.
That's great news then. So use the e30 arms and evo hubs? My evo arms are bent, so would have to get new if need to use evo arms.
HairyScreech
Engaged to the E30 Zone
Engaged to the E30 Zone
Posts: 6265
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:00 pm

Post Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:11 pm

grants50 wrote: What would you guys do if you had a modified e36 m3 evo donor car?
Buy an e36 touring or a z3 to put the bits into. 8)

You can correct the caster with adjustable or offset topmounts, other option is to use offset lower bushes, lots of threads around the internet on this.
2.8 development thread http://www.e30zone.net/modules.php?name ... c&t=170822

m3.3.1 m20 thread - now running, chip needed - any volunteers?
http://www.e30zone.net/modules.php?name ... =viewtopic&
User avatar
grants50
E30 Zone Newbie
E30 Zone Newbie
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:00 pm

Post Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:36 pm

HairyScreech wrote:
grants50 wrote: What would you guys do if you had a modified e36 m3 evo donor car?
Buy an e36 touring or a z3 to put the bits into. 8)

You can correct the caster with adjustable or offset topmounts, other option is to use offset lower bushes, lots of threads around the internet on this.
Z3 coupe are too much money otherwise I would.

Yeah I'll do some more searching. I'll be getting adjustable topmounts so that will do. Also seen threads on how to make rear adjustable.

The car will be for track
FMH
E30 Zone Addict
E30 Zone Addict
Posts: 3213
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:00 pm
Location: Birmingham

Post Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:39 pm

E36 m3 evo hubs, calipers, wishbones
E36 m3 shocks
E30 springs and top mounts
E30 m3 eccentric lollipop bushes
User avatar
grants50
E30 Zone Newbie
E30 Zone Newbie
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:00 pm

Post Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:33 pm

Hmm got HSD's so I'll fit e30 adjustable mounts to them. And can you get solid e30 m3 mounts?
I plan on running slicks

Cheers for the help lads
User avatar
Kos
E30 Zone Team Member
E30 Zone Team Member
Posts: 15448
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: London / Cyprus

Post Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:35 am

Tree house racing control arm lolly pop mounts or AKG Ones (which are adjustable) are worth getting. The AKG ones being adjustable will assist in getting the castor right
User avatar
grants50
E30 Zone Newbie
E30 Zone Newbie
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:00 pm

Post Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:28 pm

Nice one Kos