M50b25 misfire after cleaning

Need technical Q/A then you're in the right place

Moderator: martauto

User avatar
Benjer182
E30 Zone Newbie
E30 Zone Newbie
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:00 pm

Post Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:37 pm

So you know how it goes you show your new car some love in the shape of a good ol fashioned clean including the engine bay and then woomp there it is a misfire, now I know a bit about engines but this is my first bmw, I've taken the coils out and dried down the holes where the plugs live and checked the electrical plugs on the air flow meter and throttle body but it is still playing silly buggers, it was ok earlier when I started it on the drive but after driving a couple of minutes the misfire returned, I assumed when it first happened on Saturday that somewhere would be wet but it's still doing it, so where do I start looking on one of these ?

Thanks in advance
User avatar
Slow
E30 Zone Newbie
E30 Zone Newbie
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:00 pm

Post Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:07 pm

Fuse box? Ecu?
User avatar
Benjer182
E30 Zone Newbie
E30 Zone Newbie
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:00 pm

Post Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:08 pm

The fuse box didn't really get wet to be honest I was careful of that, where does the ecu live on a e30 ?
User avatar
Benjer182
E30 Zone Newbie
E30 Zone Newbie
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:00 pm

Post Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:28 pm

It's a 2.5 from a e36 and I've been told it's a non vanos one
User avatar
Benjer182
E30 Zone Newbie
E30 Zone Newbie
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:00 pm

Post Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:39 pm

Ok will do, I'll go out and have a look tomorrow evening
User avatar
Benjer182
E30 Zone Newbie
E30 Zone Newbie
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:00 pm

Post Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:40 pm

Ok will do, I'll go out and have a look tomorrow evening
Grzesiek325i
E30 Zone Newbie
E30 Zone Newbie
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:00 pm

Post Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:25 am

Or probably you bust one of the coils
User avatar
Benjer182
E30 Zone Newbie
E30 Zone Newbie
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:00 pm

Post Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:09 am

Sorted now it was just dirt down on one of the spark plug tops