So you know how it goes you show your new car some love in the shape of a good ol fashioned clean including the engine bay and then woomp there it is a misfire, now I know a bit about engines but this is my first bmw, I've taken the coils out and dried down the holes where the plugs live and checked the electrical plugs on the air flow meter and throttle body but it is still playing silly buggers, it was ok earlier when I started it on the drive but after driving a couple of minutes the misfire returned, I assumed when it first happened on Saturday that somewhere would be wet but it's still doing it, so where do I start looking on one of these ?
Thanks in advance
M50b25 misfire after cleaning
Moderator: martauto
-
Benjer182
- E30 Zone Newbie

- Posts: 57
- Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:00 pm
The fuse box didn't really get wet to be honest I was careful of that, where does the ecu live on a e30 ?
-
Benjer182
- E30 Zone Newbie

- Posts: 57
- Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:00 pm
It's a 2.5 from a e36 and I've been told it's a non vanos one
-
Benjer182
- E30 Zone Newbie

- Posts: 57
- Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:00 pm
Ok will do, I'll go out and have a look tomorrow evening
-
Benjer182
- E30 Zone Newbie

- Posts: 57
- Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:00 pm
Ok will do, I'll go out and have a look tomorrow evening
-
Grzesiek325i
- E30 Zone Newbie

- Posts: 54
- Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:00 pm
Or probably you bust one of the coils
-
Benjer182
- E30 Zone Newbie

- Posts: 57
- Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:00 pm
Sorted now it was just dirt down on one of the spark plug tops
