My 325i cab has this annoying hesitation while driving. It starts and idles lovely and even on slow acceleration it seems fine. It's when I put my foot down it bogs down then comes to life.
I've cleaned and set the TPS, changed the fuel filter, cleaned the dizzy/rotor, new air filter and air flow meter.
Any help much appreciated. Maybe the exhaust? It's a scorpion - yes I need to change this!
Hesitating while driving
Moderator: martauto
-
tom325sport
- E30 Zone Regular

- Posts: 819
- Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:00 pm
- Location: Guernsey
Last edited by tom325sport on Mon May 16, 2016 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
aimlessrock
- E30 Zone Squatter

- Posts: 1821
- Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:00 pm
- Location: Manchester
when were the injectors last overhauled?
E30 320i Convertible (1989)
190 Mercedes (1988)
"there is nothing more expensive than a cheap E30"
190 Mercedes (1988)
"there is nothing more expensive than a cheap E30"
-
tom325sport
- E30 Zone Regular

- Posts: 819
- Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:00 pm
- Location: Guernsey
I was hoping it wasn't them. Anyway you can tell/rule them out?
-
aimlessrock
- E30 Zone Squatter

- Posts: 1821
- Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:00 pm
- Location: Manchester
not really, if they have not be done in years I would argue its worth doing them to simply rule them out.tom325sport wrote:I was hoping it wasn't them. Anyway you can tell/rule them out?
They are fiddly but easy enough to remove. I would then send them to injectortine and have them overhauled and balanced..refitting is also a 20 minute job.
It may even pay you to buy a used set have them cleaned and then fit the overhauled ones to save down time.
E30 320i Convertible (1989)
190 Mercedes (1988)
"there is nothing more expensive than a cheap E30"
190 Mercedes (1988)
"there is nothing more expensive than a cheap E30"
-
tom325sport
- E30 Zone Regular

- Posts: 819
- Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:00 pm
- Location: Guernsey
OK good advise - will look into doing that.
Do you think there is anything else that could be causing the problem?
I've read the blue temp sensor? But not sure how that would make the car hesitant?
Do you think there is anything else that could be causing the problem?
I've read the blue temp sensor? But not sure how that would make the car hesitant?
-
aimlessrock
- E30 Zone Squatter

- Posts: 1821
- Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:00 pm
- Location: Manchester
Possible, but the injectors sound like the prime suspects.tom325sport wrote:OK good advise - will look into doing that.
Do you think there is anything else that could be causing the problem?
I've read the blue temp sensor? But not sure how that would make the car hesitant?
E30 320i Convertible (1989)
190 Mercedes (1988)
"there is nothing more expensive than a cheap E30"
190 Mercedes (1988)
"there is nothing more expensive than a cheap E30"
