My 323i just passed MOT so will be on the road this Summer again! The middle box is well past it's useful life and the rear silencer has seen better days. I'm thinking of junking them both and going with a stainless system from the front pipes on. Having searched the web, I cannot see the likes of Jetex, Scorpion, Remus etc. even offering anything for the M20B23 any longer, so I'm wondering if I'll have to end up going with one of these 'custom' firms. I'm in West Sussex (near Kent border), What I'd like to know is:
1. What sounds like an approximate cost?
2. I'm willing to travel for a good quality job, does anyone have experience of custome exhaust shops in the South East?
Stainless exhaust suggestions please: 1985 323i
Moderator: martauto
-
jmc330i
- Engaged to the E30 Zone

- Posts: 6621
- Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:00 pm
- Location: Somerset
You might need to change the exhaust manifold to suit, but I'm fairly sure you can use a 325i system.
James
'91 325i Sport
'93 318i touring 16v
'91 325i Sport
'93 318i touring 16v
-
Walter
- E30 Zone Newbie

- Posts: 37
- Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:00 pm
Not sure if this is any help to you or not.....but.....I live in Bromley Kent....It was a few years ago now (exactly 3 years) that I had a full "Powerflow" stainless system (from the manifold) put on my 1990 318i Touring..... Cost £470...... The place that I had it done is still operating, based on Bromley Common......... 'STS Tyre Pros', 13 / 15 Hastings Road, Bromley BR2 8NA.. tel 0208 462 7747
I would recommend it on the basis that it hasn't caused me a problems whatsoever and seems to be good quality. I didn't put it on for any 'sporty' type of reason. Simply because I wanted it to last.
I would recommend it on the basis that it hasn't caused me a problems whatsoever and seems to be good quality. I didn't put it on for any 'sporty' type of reason. Simply because I wanted it to last.
-
daboy3000
- E30 Zone Regular

- Posts: 300
- Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:00 pm
- Location: Croydon
Do you know if that price included a Cat?
Also anyone know if I need to keep the Cat for the MOT?
Also anyone know if I need to keep the Cat for the MOT?
-
Brianmoooore
- E30 Zone Team Member

- Posts: 49360
- Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:00 pm
Tell us the build date and date of first use of your car, and we'll be able to answer that.daboy3000 wrote:Also anyone know if I need to keep the Cat for the MOT?
-
daboy3000
- E30 Zone Regular

- Posts: 300
- Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:00 pm
- Location: Croydon
Off the top of my head, built 03/1993 and reg'd 04/1993
-
Brianmoooore
- E30 Zone Team Member

- Posts: 49360
- Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:00 pm
Then, unless you have fitted an engine of a type that BMW didn't, or have fitted a standard engine that you can prove predates 08/91, or run it on LPG, you will need to retain the cat.
-
daboy3000
- E30 Zone Regular

- Posts: 300
- Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:00 pm
- Location: Croydon
OK, no biggie, I have been quoted £600 - £700 for a full stainless system, so will start saving, there is no rush.
Thanks Brian
Thanks Brian

