CHECK LIGHT ON THE CLUSTER

Need technical Q/A then you're in the right place

Moderator: martauto

User avatar
pedroelista
E30 Zone Newbie
E30 Zone Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:00 pm

Post Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:28 pm

Hola from Spain,

I have a 1990 cabrio 320i. When I start the engine, there is a light on the cluster that says "CHECK".

I need to brake so that this light goes out.

Is this normal ???

Thanks.

Pedro.
Sanchez
Married to the E30 Zone
Married to the E30 Zone
Posts: 7578
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: Sunny Scotland

Post Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:38 pm

There's a computer above the rear view mirror that gives you notice of some items connected to sensors to warm you of things like low oil level, some lights bulbs faulty etc.

Mine doesn't go out when unless I press the check button on the computer.
Image
Sanchez
Married to the E30 Zone
Married to the E30 Zone
Posts: 7578
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: Sunny Scotland

Post Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:39 pm

Ps, this is a wanted section where you ask for parts.
Image
User avatar
bosers
E30 Zone Regular
E30 Zone Regular
Posts: 496
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:00 pm
Location: Devon

Post Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:15 pm

Yes this is normal, it is to check the brake lights are working.