Hello,
I am going to rebuild my calipers and I've found out they are Girling one. I don't know what's better between ate and girling (Girling looks older) but this is not my question.
I've found over the ebay that there are rebuilding kit for girling calipers but they are E21 compatible. Does anyone know if this kit fits E30 girling calipers? Could the caliper be the same in E21 - E30 models?
Cheers (and sorry if my english is not that good)
Girling caliper refurb kit
Moderator: martauto
-
HairyScreech
- Engaged to the E30 Zone

- Posts: 6265
- Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:00 pm
E21 calipers are really different to E30 ones.

Biggred is normally a good shout for caliper rebuild bits but there online store has been down for a while.

Biggred is normally a good shout for caliper rebuild bits but there online store has been down for a while.
2.8 development thread http://www.e30zone.net/modules.php?name ... c&t=170822
m3.3.1 m20 thread - now running, chip needed - any volunteers?
http://www.e30zone.net/modules.php?name ... =viewtopic&
m3.3.1 m20 thread - now running, chip needed - any volunteers?
http://www.e30zone.net/modules.php?name ... =viewtopic&
-
Raptorark
- E30 Zone Newbie

- Posts: 24
- Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:00 pm
Okay thank you!
Yeah I've checked that store but yeah, online shop is k.o.
Will find my way!

Yeah I've checked that store but yeah, online shop is k.o.
Will find my way!
-
aimlessrock
- E30 Zone Squatter

- Posts: 1821
- Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:00 pm
- Location: Manchester
+1 for Bigred, they returned my callipers and made a lovely job of them.
E30 320i Convertible (1989)
190 Mercedes (1988)
"there is nothing more expensive than a cheap E30"
190 Mercedes (1988)
"there is nothing more expensive than a cheap E30"
-
Raptorark
- E30 Zone Newbie

- Posts: 24
- Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:00 pm
I have only one last question: is it possible those girling calipers are single-piston? I don't know how to translate in english. There is only one piston pushing over the pads, is it possible?
-
HairyScreech
- Engaged to the E30 Zone

- Posts: 6265
- Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:00 pm
Yes, sliding type single piston.
The E21 was fixed caliper with twin piston.
The E21 was fixed caliper with twin piston.
2.8 development thread http://www.e30zone.net/modules.php?name ... c&t=170822
m3.3.1 m20 thread - now running, chip needed - any volunteers?
http://www.e30zone.net/modules.php?name ... =viewtopic&
m3.3.1 m20 thread - now running, chip needed - any volunteers?
http://www.e30zone.net/modules.php?name ... =viewtopic&
-
Raptorark
- E30 Zone Newbie

- Posts: 24
- Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:00 pm
Perfect, thanksHairyScreech wrote:Yes, sliding type single piston.
The E21 was fixed caliper with twin piston.
-
hennabm
- Old Skooler

- Posts: 1395
- Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:00 pm
- Location: Edinburgh
Hi,
I had my brakes refurbed by the company below;
http://classicbrake.co.uk/
They even refurbed the caliper carriers. AFAIK they also do mail order.
IIRC it was about £60 per corner for a full refurb.
I had my brakes refurbed by the company below;
http://classicbrake.co.uk/
They even refurbed the caliper carriers. AFAIK they also do mail order.
IIRC it was about £60 per corner for a full refurb.
'82 323i henna
'90 320iSE sterling silver No more!
'10 116d Sport Red - MkI
'12 1.4 Punto Easy Exotica Red
'11 X3 3.0d SE
'89 240 DL Estate
'90 320iSE sterling silver No more!
'10 116d Sport Red - MkI
'12 1.4 Punto Easy Exotica Red
'11 X3 3.0d SE
'89 240 DL Estate
