engine cut out at 3500rpm

Need technical Q/A then you're in the right place

Moderator: martauto

User avatar
Cypriotgeeza
E30 Zone Addict
E30 Zone Addict
Posts: 3055
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:00 pm
Location: Under a bonnet somewhere..

Post Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:10 am

Brianmoooore wrote:
shadrack wrote:Well f**k me get these men above some beer!!!!!

Biggest thanks must go to Cypriotgeeza, whose intervention has shortened this thread by about two pages!
The layout of items on the M30 engine is different than that on a M20, and it may well be possible to easily mix up the ICV and TPS plugs, but I really did think there was no real possibility of this on a M20. I now know differently.
Biggest problem now is to identify what the previous owner, who seems to spout a considerable amount of bullsh*t, has messed up in his attempts to sort the car out.
Someone once helped me with this frustrating problem and I'm just happy I've been able to help someone else! :D

Help from complete strangers is a very rare thing these days but not on this site thankfully enough!

Which is why I love this place! 8)
Check my M30 build threads:
Project Frankenstein: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=194154
Headgasket: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=165704
Clutch issues: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=172482
Instagram: www.instagram.com/Cypriotgeeza
New Daily : viewtopic.php?f=34&t=285452
User avatar
pianist
E30 Zone Regular
E30 Zone Regular
Posts: 396
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:00 pm
Location: Lancashire

Post Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:27 am

Cypriotgeeza wrote:I had this same problem after I replaced the head-gasket on my M30

I tried EVERYTHING to fix it..changed everything I could think of..Nothing worked..

Then someone on here reminded me that the Plugs on the ICV and TPS were exactly the same and maybe I Mixed them up..

He was right :o:

:thumb:
Good call right there :mad:
User avatar
shadrack
E30 Zone Regular
E30 Zone Regular
Posts: 280
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:00 pm

Post Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:28 pm

Test drove and its fine!!

Thanks all, but especially cypriotgeezer!!

Hopefully i may be able to return the favour one day with another issue :D
User avatar
Cypriotgeeza
E30 Zone Addict
E30 Zone Addict
Posts: 3055
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:00 pm
Location: Under a bonnet somewhere..

Post Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:09 pm

shadrack wrote:Test drove and its fine!!

Thanks all, but especially cypriotgeezer!!

Hopefully i may be able to return the favour one day with another issue :D
:woohoo:
Check my M30 build threads:
Project Frankenstein: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=194154
Headgasket: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=165704
Clutch issues: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=172482
Instagram: www.instagram.com/Cypriotgeeza
New Daily : viewtopic.php?f=34&t=285452