Alternator belt part no
Moderator: martauto
-
Benjer182
- E30 Zone Newbie

- Posts: 57
- Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:00 pm
Hello all, I'm after a part number for the alternator belt for my car, it's got the m50b25 engine in its got power steering and the belt that is on there is the only belt, it's approx 22mm wide I've been given one by euro car parts but it's to thin and to short
-
Brianmoooore
- E30 Zone Team Member

- Posts: 49360
- Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:00 pm
What's the ECP part number on the one you've been sent?
-
maxfield
- Old Skooler

- Posts: 15185
- Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:00 pm
- Location: Mansfield
You didn't use the registration for the belt did you?
Usually if you take the old belt off you will find the dimensions of the belt to give to parts suppliers.
Usually if you take the old belt off you will find the dimensions of the belt to give to parts suppliers.

-
Brianmoooore
- E30 Zone Team Member

- Posts: 49360
- Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:00 pm
You thinking he's ended up with a M20 cambelt as well?maxfield wrote:You didn't use the registration for the belt did you?
-
maxfield
- Old Skooler

- Posts: 15185
- Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:00 pm
- Location: Mansfield
I was thinking he's ended up with a V belt rather than a ribbed belt.Brianmoooore wrote:You thinking he's ended up with a M20 cambelt as well?maxfield wrote:You didn't use the registration for the belt did you?

-
Benjer182
- E30 Zone Newbie

- Posts: 57
- Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:00 pm
The part number on the box is 202 54 5025 and no I know better than to go off the reg for the car I gave them the engine code but the lad seemed baffled by that but I know now which guy it was and he's into Hondas so is clearly wired up wrong anyway
-
Brianmoooore
- E30 Zone Team Member

- Posts: 49360
- Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:00 pm
That's the aircon belt for your engine.
202110055 is the one you want.
202110055 is the one you want.
-
Brianmoooore
- E30 Zone Team Member

- Posts: 49360
- Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:00 pm
Wouldn't have helped in this case. They got the right engine, but the wrong belt.willnz wrote:When quoting numbers for your motor spares, give them the VIN number which should be stuck on your ECU box. Or better still, look the OEM part numbers up yourself using the VIN and tell them those.
You're lucky that you're in the antipodes, Will, as far away as possible from these muppets.
-
maxfield
- Old Skooler

- Posts: 15185
- Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:00 pm
- Location: Mansfield
I'm very lucky that my best mate works in parts, they're always right and cheap. I see so many story's of ECP horrors

-
Benjer182
- E30 Zone Newbie

- Posts: 57
- Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:00 pm
Thanks for your help guys, quick question where does the ecu live on a e30, and as for trouble with parts I was in the motor trade for 11 years till recently so I still can get trade through the firms I worked for but I don't know much about old bmws I've been a vw and Renault man and have good contacts at Renault and Tps but general motor factors can just be hassle
-
Brianmoooore
- E30 Zone Team Member

- Posts: 49360
- Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:00 pm
If your steering wheel is on the RH side of the car, then it's just above your right knee when sitting in the driver's seat.
Remove the panel above your knees to access it.
Remove the panel above your knees to access it.
-
Benjer182
- E30 Zone Newbie

- Posts: 57
- Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:00 pm
Ok thank youBrianmoooore wrote:If your steering wheel is on the RH side of the car, then it's just above your right knee when sitting in the driver's seat.
Remove the panel above your knees to access it.
