Alternator Rebuild

Need technical Q/A then you're in the right place

Moderator: martauto

User avatar
Gav1234
E30 Zone Newbie
E30 Zone Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 11:00 pm

Post Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:22 pm

Hi , I have a 86 325I which does not appear to be charging or outputting any current into the blue wire either.
When running the car is at 12.5 volts across the battery terminals and at the back of the alternator.
I have replaced the brushes that are held in at the back of the alternator already so I need to strip it down to bits and see what's what.

Are there any good step by step guides anywhere with values and resistance's ?

Thanks in advance
User avatar
Brianmoooore
E30 Zone Team Member
E30 Zone Team Member
Posts: 49360
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:00 pm

Post Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:25 pm

Check that there is approx. 12 volts (measured with a meter) on the blue wire with the ignition on and the engine not running.