Hi all, hope we are well?
I have only had my 88 E (face lifted) 4 door 325i for a few days but have noticed a small issue with it's locking I'd like to get rectified. I'm planning to have a cat 1 alarm immobiliser fitted with remote locking so wanted the issue resolved before doing that.
When the cars fully open, it always locks all doors and boot, petrol flap etc first turn of the key as it should, you hear the deadlocks go on.
More often than not though, when I try to unlock (from the drivers door) it's just the drivers one that opens along with a wheezing sound and none of the others budge (you can't even pull up the other locks from inside), nor can you unlock from any other door or bootlid as they won't budge at all (deadlocked I'm assuming). I can lock and unlock the drivers door maybe 6, 7 times before they all spring into life again. Would this be the central locking control unit that's packed up or just about packed up seen as how it occasionally works? It's getting to the point I'm thinking whether to lock it at all incase I can't get them back open again, I'm hoping the drivers door at least will always open!!
Thanks in advance for your help which is much appreciated.
Kind Regards
Mr-Lachs
Central Locking issue
Moderator: martauto
-
Mr-Lachs
- E30 Zone Regular

- Posts: 300
- Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:00 pm
Mr-Lachs
1988 BMW E30 325iSE Auto, 4 Door, Lachs Silver (Fair Weather Machine)
2012 Vauxhall Insignia 1.8 Exclusiv, Technical Grey, (The Daily)
1988 BMW E30 325iSE Auto, 4 Door, Lachs Silver (Fair Weather Machine)
2012 Vauxhall Insignia 1.8 Exclusiv, Technical Grey, (The Daily)
-
Brianmoooore
- E30 Zone Team Member

- Posts: 49360
- Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:00 pm
Do red/black wire mod. and report back.
-
Mr-Lachs
- E30 Zone Regular

- Posts: 300
- Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:00 pm
Many thanks Brian, ill try and read up about that and report back. Kind Regards, Mr-LachsBrianmoooore wrote:Do red/black wire mod. and report back.
Mr-Lachs
1988 BMW E30 325iSE Auto, 4 Door, Lachs Silver (Fair Weather Machine)
2012 Vauxhall Insignia 1.8 Exclusiv, Technical Grey, (The Daily)
1988 BMW E30 325iSE Auto, 4 Door, Lachs Silver (Fair Weather Machine)
2012 Vauxhall Insignia 1.8 Exclusiv, Technical Grey, (The Daily)
