Looking to upgrade the E30 to 5 lug hubs and am keen to use E36 parts.
On the wiki article for this project on this website, it states e36 M3 parts are to be used .
If this is not possible (£££) can 'regular' model e36 suspension components be used instead or is it M3 for a reason?
Cheers
E30 5 lug Conversion/e36 suspension upgrade
Moderator: martauto
-
Racer75
- E30 Zone Newbie

- Posts: 60
- Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:00 pm
- Location: Motherwell, Scotland
-
motormanmick
- E30 Zone Regular

- Posts: 259
- Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:00 pm
- Location: Coffs Hbr, Aust
M3 parts provide the correct positioning for the wheel in the arch, regular e36 doesn't so you need to be able to adjust camber/caster.
I have done both swaps, with std e36 bits and adjustable camber/caster upper strut mounts, I could never get enough adjustment to get the wheel in the correct position. I always felt that the car wasn't quite as stable at higher road speeds as it was std.
With M3 parts, just brilliant, no stuffing around, put your money there.
I have done both swaps, with std e36 bits and adjustable camber/caster upper strut mounts, I could never get enough adjustment to get the wheel in the correct position. I always felt that the car wasn't quite as stable at higher road speeds as it was std.
With M3 parts, just brilliant, no stuffing around, put your money there.
-
Brianmoooore
- E30 Zone Team Member

- Posts: 49360
- Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:00 pm
The E36 M3 parts give the best compromise, but the geometry still won't be optimal. For the best handling, there's no substitute for the correct E30 M3 parts on the front.motormanmick wrote:M3 parts provide the correct positioning for the wheel in the arch, regular e36 doesn't so you need to be able to adjust camber/caster.
