Like the title says
I've got a water leak into the drivers side rear quarter, boot area
I thought that it may have been the rear light cluster gasket but it wasn't
Turns out that when I sprayed water on the roof the car leaks in above the rear quarter window
The sunroof tray is good and I cannot see any water getting in from the pipe so the plan is to water test just the gutter tomorrow if it fails the test then I'll need to take off the gutter trim
Cheers for looking
Parkin10
Touring gutter trim removal
Moderator: martauto
-
parkin10
- E30 Zone Regular

- Posts: 510
- Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:00 pm
- Location: south yorkshire
-
motormanmick
- E30 Zone Regular

- Posts: 259
- Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:00 pm
- Location: Coffs Hbr, Aust
Hello parkin10, I think your asking for this info, bimmerforums one is how to paint it as well, cheers
http://www.e30zone.net/e30zonewiki/inde ... im_removal
also
http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/showt ... -Edge-Trim
http://www.e30zone.net/e30zonewiki/inde ... im_removal
also
http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/showt ... -Edge-Trim
-
Brianmoooore
- E30 Zone Team Member

- Posts: 49360
- Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:00 pm
The body coloured 'fin' behind the rear side windows is a very common place for water to leak into a touring. The trim is held in place by two plastic grommets which should be replaced whenever the trim piece is removed.
-
parkin10
- E30 Zone Regular

- Posts: 510
- Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:00 pm
- Location: south yorkshire
For those of you who are interested my water leak was the window frame
[img][img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/150x10 ... ofJr7L.jpg[/img][/img]
Motormanmick thanks for the link
Brian the 'fin' as you put it came off clean the clips survived
Cheers all for looking
Parkin10
[img][img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/150x10 ... ofJr7L.jpg[/img][/img]
Motormanmick thanks for the link
Brian the 'fin' as you put it came off clean the clips survived
Cheers all for looking
Parkin10
-
bosers
- E30 Zone Regular

- Posts: 496
- Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:00 pm
- Location: Devon
Glad you got it sorted. Maybe that's where mines leaking an all. Could be my arches though! I'll check the fins also now, didn't know that,thanks Brian. 
-
parkin10
- E30 Zone Regular

- Posts: 510
- Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:00 pm
- Location: south yorkshire
Mine had a leak around the fuel tank breather pipe in the wheel arch
And though a seam in the sunroof,drips onto the passenger courtesy light,going to try and fix this today
Also started running bad yesterday,blue temp sensor?
And though a seam in the sunroof,drips onto the passenger courtesy light,going to try and fix this today
Also started running bad yesterday,blue temp sensor?
-
Brianmoooore
- E30 Zone Team Member

- Posts: 49360
- Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:00 pm
They may appear to have survived, but they tend to distort if reused and will always be a potential source of water entering the cabin.There's a lot of water flows past those clips when it's raining hard.parkin10 wrote:
Brian the 'fin' as you put it came off clean the clips survived
As for your "bad running", without knowing exactly what that means, or even which engine you have, the first thing I'd check is for splits and cracks in the large convoluted hose between the air meter/filter and the throttle body.
-
parkin10
- E30 Zone Regular

- Posts: 510
- Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:00 pm
- Location: south yorkshire
It's a m20b25 1989
The blue temp sensor reads
Multi meter set to 2k
Cold 3.12 ohm
Hot .272 ohm
I don't think there's a problem with any air leaks
It does run well on the lpg though
The blue temp sensor reads
Multi meter set to 2k
Cold 3.12 ohm
Hot .272 ohm
I don't think there's a problem with any air leaks
It does run well on the lpg though
-
Brianmoooore
- E30 Zone Team Member

- Posts: 49360
- Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:00 pm
I think there may be a 'k' missing from your resistance figures! 3.12 kohm is a little low for a cold engine in December, but since it's 16 degrees where I am, or possibly the engine wasn't absolutely stone cold, it's probably OK. Wouldn't cause rough normal running, anyway.
272 ohms (0.272 kohm) is absolutely spot on for hot running.
All measured at the ECU plug, I hope?
What kind of LPG system? Injection or mixer ring? Electronically controlled with a lambda sensor if mixer type?
272 ohms (0.272 kohm) is absolutely spot on for hot running.
All measured at the ECU plug, I hope?
What kind of LPG system? Injection or mixer ring? Electronically controlled with a lambda sensor if mixer type?
-
parkin10
- E30 Zone Regular

- Posts: 510
- Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:00 pm
- Location: south yorkshire
Mixer ring, controlled
Any way it's the air flow meter the flap is rubbing
Now I wonder if the lpg has done a little back fire and I've not noticed
I cannot see it just starting to bind on it's own
So I've taken a big screwdriver and hammer to a very delicate instrument
It runs well now at least and the hammer is free!
Now to the water leaks
Any way it's the air flow meter the flap is rubbing
Now I wonder if the lpg has done a little back fire and I've not noticed
I cannot see it just starting to bind on it's own
So I've taken a big screwdriver and hammer to a very delicate instrument
It runs well now at least and the hammer is free!
Now to the water leaks
