what radiator is this ?

Need technical Q/A then you're in the right place

Moderator: martauto

User avatar
Benjer182
E30 Zone Newbie
E30 Zone Newbie
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:00 pm

Post Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:56 pm

hello all i,ve recently become the proud owner of a e30 but it needs a new radiator but as the car has had the engine swapped i wasn't sure if the one fitted to the car is the original one, the car originally was a 2 liter but is now a 2.5 anyway ill attach a pic and hopefully you can help with which radiator i need
[img][img]http://i711.photobucket.com/albums/ww12 ... c8o9sk.jpg[/img][/img]
[img][img]http://i711.photobucket.com/albums/ww12 ... 86oiu9.jpg[/img][/img][/url]
User avatar
Brianmoooore
E30 Zone Team Member
E30 Zone Team Member
Posts: 49360
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:00 pm

Post Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:19 pm

Definitely not the original E30 one. Six pot E30s have a separate header tank.
It's probably from an E36 or similar, but you'll need its dimensions for an exact identification.
When you fit the new one, sort those badly fitted top and bottom hoses out. Both nrrd trimming at the radiator end, and why on earth is the body of the hose clip on the bottom hose at the engine end occupying the already limited space between the engine and rad?
User avatar
Benjer182
E30 Zone Newbie
E30 Zone Newbie
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:00 pm

Post Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:36 pm

Ok cheers mate and yeah I know about the pipes, thats laziness on someone else's part, I will trim them up I noticed when I was in there that the angles were a bit tight, I'll get out and measure it up tomorrow and post my findings
User avatar
Benjer182
E30 Zone Newbie
E30 Zone Newbie
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:00 pm

Post Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:02 pm

Ok mate cheers, like I said above I'll measure it up and get back to you guys on here, then I'll order one through my old work to get trade price :D
DanThe
E30 Zone Team Member
E30 Zone Team Member
Posts: 28649
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: Staffs

Post Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:20 pm

Approx 440 x 440 is the core size you want, these are fitted to E36 cars with air conditioning
User avatar
Benjer182
E30 Zone Newbie
E30 Zone Newbie
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:00 pm

Post Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:09 pm

^^^ you sir are correct, I've measured up. Is there a specific model or just any engine with air con ?
DanThe
E30 Zone Team Member
E30 Zone Team Member
Posts: 28649
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: Staffs

Post Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:14 pm

If you ask for a 328i AC rad you can't go wrong 8)
User avatar
Benjer182
E30 Zone Newbie
E30 Zone Newbie
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:00 pm

Post Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:20 pm

Thank you very much, although you say " can't go wrong " I was going to call euro car parts so in sure it will go very wrong
DanThe
E30 Zone Team Member
E30 Zone Team Member
Posts: 28649
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: Staffs

Post Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:47 am

Anything is possible with ECP :D