Just checking

Need technical Q/A then you're in the right place

Moderator: martauto

User avatar
daveodonnell
E30 Zone Newbie
E30 Zone Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:00 pm

Post Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:38 pm

Hi guys AV been on the wiki and I just wanna make sure I have understood it properly.
To fit rear discs to ate 1987 318i with drums as standard all I need is e36 rear arms and discs etc?
And to do the front I'd need m3 94 + front hub and spindle and calliper and disc?

I have been offered the full rear beam for 60 quid off a e36 compact and I think I should Jump at it but I wanna make sure
User avatar
motormanmick
E30 Zone Regular
E30 Zone Regular
Posts: 259
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:00 pm
Location: Coffs Hbr, Aust

Post Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:54 am

e36 ti rear end is what you need, must be off the ti for straight up fitment, so jump on the e36 compact rear, that's the one you need.

for the front use control arms of a 1996+ E36 M3 #31-12-2-228-461/462* for correct placement in the front wheel arch as mentioned in the wiki below, follow the wiki guide and it's all good

http://www.e30zone.net/e30zonewiki/inde ... Conversion

I have this setup on my e30 with e36 m3 disc front and e46 294mm vented disc fitted on my e36 ti compact rear with m3 calipers, just depends on how far you want to take your car. cheers.
User avatar
daveodonnell
E30 Zone Newbie
E30 Zone Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:00 pm

Post Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:25 am

Cheers mate it's just to get going for now we're planning v8 power in the new year