Hello everyone,
I am a new member and I am in dying need of all of your thoughts and opinions!
I own a 1987 318i, the engine is a m40b18, I have just rebuilt the top half of the engine due to a blown head gasket!
However now everything is back together the car will only crank and will not start! I have checked for spark and I have a nice one, i know there is no fuel entering the engine as I pulled out a spark plug after cranking and it was dry, so the problem I feel lies with the injectors? Is there a common fault here? I'm not sure what to do next!
( I DO have fuel pressure)
Thanks jack[/u]
1987 318i NOT STARTING!! HELP!
Moderator: martauto
-
Brianmoooore
- E30 Zone Team Member

- Posts: 49360
- Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:00 pm
Where (EXACTLY) did you check the fuel pressure?
-
Jackdimitri
- E30 Zone Newbie

- Posts: 12
- Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:00 pm
I check the fuel pressure at the start of the fuel rail
-
Brianmoooore
- E30 Zone Team Member

- Posts: 49360
- Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:00 pm
At the pipe going to the fuel pressure regulator or the other one?
-
Jackdimitri
- E30 Zone Newbie

- Posts: 12
- Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:00 pm
The pipe coming straight out of the top of the fuel filter
-
Jackdimitri
- E30 Zone Newbie

- Posts: 12
- Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:00 pm
The fuel lines were the wrong way round! It's alive!! Thanks everyone!:)
-
Yeti
- Old Skooler

- Posts: 273
- Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:00 pm
lol had a feeling it was that glad you got it dude
