So I'm seriously considering a dash swap from an e46, I get that this is pretty unnecessary etc etc, but I'm wondering how hard it could possibly be. I get that I will need the whole heating system, which probably won't fit, route the ducts, swap and change a few wiring connectors, a few hoses, but is that about it? Aside from a lot of butchering of course.....
Or, is it really not as simple as that? Would it be hard work to get the clocks to work? Could I just keep the e30 clocks and make them fit?
Has it been done?
E46 dash swap
Moderator: martauto
-
rh306
- E30 Zone Addict

- Posts: 2498
- Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 11:00 pm
- Location: London
Be prepared to own the car for the rest of your life because no one will want to buy it once the deed is done 
-
jmc330i
- Engaged to the E30 Zone

- Posts: 6621
- Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:00 pm
- Location: Somerset
^^This!!rh306 wrote:Be prepared to own the car for the rest of your life because no one will want to buy it once the deed is done
Ive seen an E30 with an E36 dash, it looked gash. Not to mention none of it worked lol
James
'91 325i Sport
'93 318i touring 16v
'91 325i Sport
'93 318i touring 16v
-
senna
- E30 Zone Regular

- Posts: 612
- Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:00 pm
The heater box is twice the size
You will be unable to move the seat forwards
You will be unable to move the seat forwards
-
HairyScreech
- Engaged to the E30 Zone

- Posts: 6265
- Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:00 pm
Check out the guy in new zealand that fitted the M54 and running gear to his E30, think he put the dash in as well.
2.8 development thread http://www.e30zone.net/modules.php?name ... c&t=170822
m3.3.1 m20 thread - now running, chip needed - any volunteers?
http://www.e30zone.net/modules.php?name ... =viewtopic&
m3.3.1 m20 thread - now running, chip needed - any volunteers?
http://www.e30zone.net/modules.php?name ... =viewtopic&
-
pierce
- E30 Zone Newbie

- Posts: 226
- Joined: Sat May 30, 2015 11:00 pm
Why are you, and so many others on the forum so concerned with resale value?rh306 wrote:Be prepared to own the car for the rest of your life because no one will want to buy it once the deed is done
I really don't understand.........
-
rh306
- E30 Zone Addict

- Posts: 2498
- Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 11:00 pm
- Location: London
Good questionpierce wrote:Why are you, and so many others on the forum so concerned with resale value?rh306 wrote:Be prepared to own the car for the rest of your life because no one will want to buy it once the deed is done
I really don't understand.........
-
pierce
- E30 Zone Newbie

- Posts: 226
- Joined: Sat May 30, 2015 11:00 pm
In that case I fully understand and agree.
Not neccesarily ££££s but rather the actual "value" of a nice example. I guess the two are linked so I see what you mean.
Not neccesarily ££££s but rather the actual "value" of a nice example. I guess the two are linked so I see what you mean.
-
bss325i
- E30 Zone Team Member

- Posts: 24532
- Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:00 pm
- Location: London/Surrey
Its been done. A LHD car with S54 engine and SMG and complete E46 dash.
Someone posted a pic on FB a while back but can't find it on google.
Someone posted a pic on FB a while back but can't find it on google.
