E30 INDICATOR TROUBLE

Need technical Q/A then you're in the right place

Moderator: martauto

User avatar
Tappets
E30 Zone Newbie
E30 Zone Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:00 pm

Post Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:46 am

Hello,

I own a 1988 318i and I'm having a common problem occur.

The other month the indicators and hazers stopped working. I checked the fuse box and sure enough they were both blown.

I took it to my mechanic and he said it was to do with the glovebox light. He then fixed it.

2 months later the same problem has occurred and it would really be helpful if someone could possibly educate me on the problem so I can attempt to fix it.

thank you in advance.
:D
User avatar
Brianmoooore
E30 Zone Team Member
E30 Zone Team Member
Posts: 49360
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:00 pm

Post Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:42 am

Glove box light is commonly responsible for the indicator fuse blowing, but cannot blow the hazard light fuse.
If both are blown, then I'd check out the wiring to the front indicators, where it goes down over the chassis rails behind the front panel. These wires are often damaged in a front end impact, which most E30s will have experienced by now.