Sometimes when I look the car, using any of the looks, the car locks but the immediately unlocks itself again.
Any ideas?
Central locking
Moderator: martauto
-
bosers
- E30 Zone Regular

- Posts: 496
- Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:00 pm
- Location: Devon
Mine does that when one of the interior door handles isn't pushed back into its rest position. Sure someone can shed some more light on this for you but that may be the cause. 
-
Awarded
- E30 Zone Newbie

- Posts: 123
- Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:00 pm
- Location: Surrey
Thanks, I don't think that is my problem though because I've been locking and unlocking the car just now without doing anything else and it's still temperamental
-
TriggerFish
- E30 Zone Regular

- Posts: 508
- Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:00 pm
- Location: Aylesbury, Bucks
My passenger door does this sometimes (10-20% of the time I'd guess). If I unlock and try again, it usually works.
Interested in the fix though!
Interested in the fix though!
-
bookmark
- E30 Zone Newbie

- Posts: 49
- Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:00 pm
-
Awarded
- E30 Zone Newbie

- Posts: 123
- Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:00 pm
- Location: Surrey
I've already got the red wires done
-
Awarded
- E30 Zone Newbie

- Posts: 123
- Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:00 pm
- Location: Surrey
Bump, any ideas? It doesn't seem to me to be a wiring issue because it only happens immediately after locking. If it were a short or ground then wouldn't it happen at any time? Does that mean it's more likely to be the central locking control box in the drivers door pillar?
-
Yeti
- Old Skooler

- Posts: 273
- Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:00 pm
locks could be jamming when trying to lock?
