Fitting front bumper

Need technical Q/A then you're in the right place

Moderator: martauto

User avatar
Orangecab
E30 Zone Newbie
E30 Zone Newbie
Posts: 156
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:00 pm
Location: West sussex

Post Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:35 pm

I am fitting an mtech 1 kit to the cabbie but the front bumper doesn't seem to line up

Image

Image


I looked around a few at Santa pod and they look different, will it just be a case of elongating the holes?

Cheers rob
User avatar
grants50
E30 Zone Newbie
E30 Zone Newbie
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:00 pm

Post Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:49 pm

Have you tried adjusting the mounts on the side?
Have you looked in the wiki for bumper adjustment?

I was looking earlier for the same thing as I wish to change my bumper in the future
User avatar
Orangecab
E30 Zone Newbie
E30 Zone Newbie
Posts: 156
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:00 pm
Location: West sussex

Post Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:37 pm

Didn't know they could be adjusted on the side! I'll take a look when I'm next at the car!
User avatar
BHadley
E30 Zone Regular
E30 Zone Regular
Posts: 902
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:00 pm
Location: Newton abbot, Devon

Post Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:38 pm

Try moving the main front mounts up? Where the accident damper bolts into the chassis leg?
User avatar
Orangecab
E30 Zone Newbie
E30 Zone Newbie
Posts: 156
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:00 pm
Location: West sussex

Post Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:40 pm

Oh yea the front brackets are up as high as they can go!
User avatar
Orangecab
E30 Zone Newbie
E30 Zone Newbie
Posts: 156
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:00 pm
Location: West sussex

Post Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:41 pm

Could always bent them up slightly I suppose, or make some new ones that sit a little higher