Steering query...

Need technical Q/A then you're in the right place

Moderator: martauto

User avatar
Gavla
E30 Zone Squatter
E30 Zone Squatter
Posts: 1586
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:00 pm

Post Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:18 pm

I have developed a grinding feeling and a groaning sound when turning to the right...

If I brake the car pulls right...

Tracking was done about 6 months ago...

What could possibly be the culprit?

Thanks :?
User avatar
Brianmoooore
E30 Zone Team Member
E30 Zone Team Member
Posts: 49360
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:00 pm

Post Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:44 pm

I think you need to check your brake pads!
maxfield
Old Skooler
Old Skooler
Posts: 15185
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: Mansfield

Post Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:46 pm

Brianmoooore wrote:I think you need to check your brake pads!
+1

As for pulling to the right, it could a sticking caliper, which could be wearing the pads down faster than expected.
Image
User avatar
Gavla
E30 Zone Squatter
E30 Zone Squatter
Posts: 1586
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:00 pm

Post Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:01 am

Thank you gents!