Wiring in a volt meter
Moderator: martauto
-
jslot
- E30 Zone Regular

- Posts: 456
- Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:00 pm
- Location: Isle of Man
Is it ok to wire in a digital voltmeter to the ignition switched supply and ground of the radio feed?
Also will it need it own in-line fuse?
Thanks in Advance
Also will it need it own in-line fuse?
Thanks in Advance

-
steve_k
- E30 Zone Team Member

- Posts: 8044
- Joined: Fri May 23, 2008 11:00 pm
- Location: in the vale of mansfield
check the wiki dude, search vdo gauges, all in there.
if it's got t*ts or wheels it's bound to be trouble...............prove me wrong.
getting oral sex off an ugly person is like rock climbing.....don't look down ;)
getting oral sex off an ugly person is like rock climbing.....don't look down ;)
-
jslot
- E30 Zone Regular

- Posts: 456
- Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:00 pm
- Location: Isle of Man
Oh yeah it mentions either using the stereo wiring or wiring near the cug lighter, no mention of fues.

-
steve_k
- E30 Zone Team Member

- Posts: 8044
- Joined: Fri May 23, 2008 11:00 pm
- Location: in the vale of mansfield
i used the wiring for the cig lighter with mine, oil pressure & temp are mechanical so no wiresjslot wrote:Oh yeah it mentions either using the stereo wiring or wiring near the cug lighter, no mention of fues.
if it's got t*ts or wheels it's bound to be trouble...............prove me wrong.
getting oral sex off an ugly person is like rock climbing.....don't look down ;)
getting oral sex off an ugly person is like rock climbing.....don't look down ;)
-
jslot
- E30 Zone Regular

- Posts: 456
- Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:00 pm
- Location: Isle of Man
I'm not going as far as installing the oil P & T, just a simple little digital voltmeter. I was thinking of using a switch blank above the radio, or now I am thinking installing it actually inside the ashtray.
I can't find the thread now but someone installed one in the check panel, how was that done?
I can't find the thread now but someone installed one in the check panel, how was that done?

-
steve_k
- E30 Zone Team Member

- Posts: 8044
- Joined: Fri May 23, 2008 11:00 pm
- Location: in the vale of mansfield
i've seen the one you mean but ain't got a clue how to do itjslot wrote:I'm not going as far as installing the oil P & T, just a simple little digital voltmeter. I was thinking of using a switch blank above the radio, or now I am thinking installing it actually inside the ashtray.
I can't find the thread now but someone installed one in the check panel, how was that done?
if it's got t*ts or wheels it's bound to be trouble...............prove me wrong.
getting oral sex off an ugly person is like rock climbing.....don't look down ;)
getting oral sex off an ugly person is like rock climbing.....don't look down ;)
-
bigbird76
- E30 Zone Regular

- Posts: 571
- Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:00 pm
- Location: Swansea Wales UK
-
jslot
- E30 Zone Regular

- Posts: 456
- Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:00 pm
- Location: Isle of Man
Leigh,
It looks good, is all the wiring inside the check panel? Do you have a photo of it during assembly?
What is the purpose of the big blank square section anyway?
It looks good, is all the wiring inside the check panel? Do you have a photo of it during assembly?
What is the purpose of the big blank square section anyway?

-
bigbird76
- E30 Zone Regular

- Posts: 571
- Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:00 pm
- Location: Swansea Wales UK
Sent you PM
-
BenHar
- E30 Zone Addict

- Posts: 3089
- Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:00 pm
- Location: Reigate, Surrey
Yes, please.bigbird76 wrote:I built this one a few weeks ago
Not hard to do but patience is needed to get it right, If people are interested I could do a write up I suppose.
Leigh
Ben
-
bmw9818
- E30 Zone Addict

- Posts: 2561
- Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:00 pm
- Location: Croydon
-
superace
- E30 Zone Newbie

- Posts: 17
- Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:00 pm
-
jslot
- E30 Zone Regular

- Posts: 456
- Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:00 pm
- Location: Isle of Man
Just made this from a hazard warning switch, the other blank switch next to it turns it off.
When looking for images of the voltmeter in the check panel, I came across someone who had put it in the switch, so I thought I would give it a go!
I took pictures so will do a write up.

When looking for images of the voltmeter in the check panel, I came across someone who had put it in the switch, so I thought I would give it a go!
I took pictures so will do a write up.


-
DanThe
- E30 Zone Team Member

- Posts: 28649
- Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:00 pm
- Location: Staffs
Great way to run the battery down when the car is sat!bmw9818 wrote: alternatively just go direct to the battery.



