Springs

Need technical Q/A then you're in the right place

Moderator: martauto

User avatar
gruf
E30 Zone Newbie
E30 Zone Newbie
Posts: 184
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:00 pm
Location: A right proper Kent

Post Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:44 pm

Are the rear sport springs the same on a cab 2&4 door.
Thanks
User avatar
BenHar
E30 Zone Addict
E30 Zone Addict
Posts: 3089
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:00 pm
Location: Reigate, Surrey

Post Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:37 pm

Look in realoem and compare the part numbers?

Ben
User avatar
gruf
E30 Zone Newbie
E30 Zone Newbie
Posts: 184
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:00 pm
Location: A right proper Kent

Post Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:51 pm

Good idea.
But in the meantime if anyone can shed some light before I put my reading specs, house coat, pipe and slippers on and have a study tonight would be helpful as cars on ramp and Bmw ain't got none till Tuesday maybe Monday.
Thanks
User avatar
gruf
E30 Zone Newbie
E30 Zone Newbie
Posts: 184
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:00 pm
Location: A right proper Kent

Post Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:07 pm

As far as I can see m tech springs are the same no matter what m tech you have. 316-325 are the same.
Topblag
Old Skooler
Old Skooler
Posts: 7095
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:00 pm
Location: Fife - You got a problem with that ?

Post Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:17 pm

Cabby springs and two door springs are different. Sit down before you ask for a price from the dealer for motorsport cabby springs. I have Eibach cabby springs on my cab and although the ride is good and handling improved, I can't get a 10cm trolley jack under it at the front. For the difference in price, I'll live with that.

Motorsport springs would be my recommendation if you don't mind the price. Eibach the best mix of lowering and handling/ride quality and of course, price.
1990 325i Cab auto in Alpine White II
1988 Alpina C2.5 moredoor in Black, 71k
1990 325ix, moredoor auto in Laser Blue. 51k
1984 Hartge H35 in Black
2004 996 C4S in Silver 43k manual
2006 Audi S6 V10 in Black 58k
Topblag
Old Skooler
Old Skooler
Posts: 7095
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:00 pm
Location: Fife - You got a problem with that ?

Post Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:18 pm

And realoem is your friend, get used to using it, it's very straightforward and useful for seeing what parts are NLA.
1990 325i Cab auto in Alpine White II
1988 Alpina C2.5 moredoor in Black, 71k
1990 325ix, moredoor auto in Laser Blue. 51k
1984 Hartge H35 in Black
2004 996 C4S in Silver 43k manual
2006 Audi S6 V10 in Black 58k
User avatar
gruf
E30 Zone Newbie
E30 Zone Newbie
Posts: 184
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:00 pm
Location: A right proper Kent

Post Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:31 pm

Topblag wrote:Cabby springs and two door springs are different. Sit down before you ask for a price from the dealer for motorsport cabby springs. I have Eibach cabby springs on my cab and although the ride is good and handling improved, I can't get a 10cm trolley jack under it at the front. For the difference in price, I'll live with that.

Motorsport springs would be my recommendation if you don't mind the price. Eibach the best mix of lowering and handling/ride quality and of course, price.
Thanks for advice I think I'll get the Bmw ones there not to much more than after markets I was looking at.

I do have a go at oem but sometimes it's good to hear it from someone who's already worked it out, I'm a worrier and a bit ocd so I'd be constantly paranoid that I was driving with the wrong parts and I never got anything right at school.
I was more practical than theory :roll:
User avatar
gruf
E30 Zone Newbie
E30 Zone Newbie
Posts: 184
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:00 pm
Location: A right proper Kent

Post Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:38 pm

Topblag wrote:And realoem is your friend, get used to using it, it's very straightforward and useful for seeing what parts are NLA.
I forgot to say I stuck the gearbox in the next morning.
I gave it a run for about an hour then change fluid and filter then went on a 100 mile journey and all was well.
I suppose that's my guarantee over done with now. Lol.
Any way thanks mate it got me top gear at last.
Tar :D
Topblag
Old Skooler
Old Skooler
Posts: 7095
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:00 pm
Location: Fife - You got a problem with that ?

Post Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:51 am

gruf wrote:
Topblag wrote:And realoem is your friend, get used to using it, it's very straightforward and useful for seeing what parts are NLA.
I forgot to say I stuck the gearbox in the next morning.
I gave it a run for about an hour then change fluid and filter then went on a 100 mile journey and all was well.
I suppose that's my guarantee over done with now. Lol.
Any way thanks mate it got me top gear at last.
Tar :D
Marvellous. Would you mind leaving me feedback on here - it's been a while since I sold anything and I think there's going to be more of it happening.
1990 325i Cab auto in Alpine White II
1988 Alpina C2.5 moredoor in Black, 71k
1990 325ix, moredoor auto in Laser Blue. 51k
1984 Hartge H35 in Black
2004 996 C4S in Silver 43k manual
2006 Audi S6 V10 in Black 58k
User avatar
gruf
E30 Zone Newbie
E30 Zone Newbie
Posts: 184
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:00 pm
Location: A right proper Kent

Post Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:28 am

No probs. how's it done
Topblag
Old Skooler
Old Skooler
Posts: 7095
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:00 pm
Location: Fife - You got a problem with that ?

Post Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:44 am

1990 325i Cab auto in Alpine White II
1988 Alpina C2.5 moredoor in Black, 71k
1990 325ix, moredoor auto in Laser Blue. 51k
1984 Hartge H35 in Black
2004 996 C4S in Silver 43k manual
2006 Audi S6 V10 in Black 58k