M52 Clutch upgrade

Need technical Q/A then you're in the right place

Moderator: martauto

JungleGus
Old Skooler
Old Skooler
Posts: 985
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: London

Post Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:02 pm

So - I'm not sure if it's my clutch age, or the fact I'm running 240hp-ish through the M20 clutch, but it looks like I need a new clutch.

I am 99% sure I am using the M20 clutch on the M20 flywheel - does anyone have any good upgrade options? +70hp over the stock M20 would make sense to be slipping, and it only seems to slip on hard launches.

Any input appreciated!

Cheers,
Gus
HairyScreech
Engaged to the E30 Zone
Engaged to the E30 Zone
Posts: 6265
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:00 pm

Post Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:06 pm

A lot of people rave about the sachs upgrade clutch. Think it is just a stock friction plate and uprated pressure plate springs.
2.8 development thread http://www.e30zone.net/modules.php?name ... c&t=170822

m3.3.1 m20 thread - now running, chip needed - any volunteers?
http://www.e30zone.net/modules.php?name ... =viewtopic&
JungleGus
Old Skooler
Old Skooler
Posts: 985
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: London

Post Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:31 pm

Cheers thanks! Will check it out
User avatar
motormanmick
E30 Zone Regular
E30 Zone Regular
Posts: 259
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:00 pm
Location: Coffs Hbr, Aust

Post Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:20 pm

depends on your budget, you could go this way, the guys on the zone also told me must use m52 2.8 starter motor, cheers

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FX-STAGE-2-C ... 258c2f040c
DanThe
E30 Zone Team Member
E30 Zone Team Member
Posts: 28649
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: Staffs

Post Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:55 pm

Gripforce offerings are very good for the money, but I would stick with M20 kit, I've got a standard Sachs M20 clutch on my 3.0 with a Gripforce paddle plate, works 100% perfect