Bizarre auto box problem

Need technical Q/A then you're in the right place

Moderator: martauto

User avatar
bryn_p
E30 Zone Newbie
E30 Zone Newbie
Posts: 176
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: North West

Post Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:14 am

Morning gents,

Took a trip down to Essex on Monday to collect my new 325i Convertible which I'm really pleased with, its Brilliant Red with black leather, got a *** 325 plate, 85k genuine miles and even has air con. Shame its an auto but it was incredibly cheap, must be bargain of the year!

Anyway, when I go round a left hand bend at speed the auto box seems to go into neutral, so I have to take it out of drive and put it back in before I get any gears. Seems to only happen on left-handers!! Any ideas??

Cheers,
Bryn.
TOURINGDADDY
E30 Zone Addict
E30 Zone Addict
Posts: 2268
Joined: Sat May 14, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: PORTSMOUTH

Post Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:20 am

i'd personaly say its low on fluid but dont just top it up bet ur self a new filter (gear box) and o ring new fluid and change it all c what happens then :D
Image
Martinaston
E30 Zone Addict
E30 Zone Addict
Posts: 3749
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: London

Post Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:06 am

It's not a fat passenger falling on the selector is it ?
There is NO nucleus.
User avatar
tourer-dan
E30 Zone Regular
E30 Zone Regular
Posts: 482
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: romford, essex

Post Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:03 pm

I just had a new box built and put in mine, including new torque converter for Ԛ£650, so that's gonna be the worst news......
Check the fluid first, then have it looked at by a pro as there's a few inexpensive bits which can cause weird problems.

Did you get the car off ebay? the description rings a bell - post a pic!!
all the best
Dan
User avatar
bryn_p
E30 Zone Newbie
E30 Zone Newbie
Posts: 176
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: North West

Post Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:14 pm

Thanks for the advice gents, I'll get the 'box looked at when its serviced.

Yes it was off ebay, this is it...
325i Convertible

Although the ad didn't have much detail, I thought that if it was a pile of junk I'd put the plate on my 325 Sport and sell the car for a few hundred quid less. As it turns out, the roof is mint, the body is good, and it has all the MOTs from new with it so the mileage is genuine. Its had a small front end repair, but for the price I don't think I can complain!

Cheers,
Bryn.
TOURINGDADDY
E30 Zone Addict
E30 Zone Addict
Posts: 2268
Joined: Sat May 14, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: PORTSMOUTH

Post Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:19 pm

u could always make it a manual i got all bits needed 4 this conversion :D :D :D :D
Image