Ok, I need some help here.
I'm thinking of using an Z4 3.0lt Shifter, but what do I need other than the shifter itself ?
Also when I phoned BMW, they said that there 2 different types of lever for this car... and I also noticed that, on the online ETK.
I'm confused as to which one to use, cause the guy says that it's probab;y cause they had changed it in some way, that is why there r 2 part no's.
Pls help
Short Shifter
Moderator: martauto
-
PeteE30Tourer
- E30 Zone Camper

- Posts: 1317
- Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:00 pm
- Location: Dorset
Have you seen the tech article on this site regarding the Z3 short-shift? See here: http://www.e30zone.co.uk/modules.php?na ... echnz3.htm
Dont know how much difference there is between this and the Z4, but i've got the Z3 version fitted and i'm really pleased with it - far better than the original.
Dont know how much difference there is between this and the Z4, but i've got the Z3 version fitted and i'm really pleased with it - far better than the original.
-
Stevin
- E30 Zone Regular

- Posts: 447
- Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:00 pm
- Location: JHB South Africa
Thanks, it's actually not that different.
Only difference I can see between the Z3 3.0lt and Z4 3.0lt is that the Z3 has a kink, which makes the lever sit in the center, not off to the left (on RHD cars). which doesn't bug me at all, cause the Z4 has such a short throw
Only difference I can see between the Z3 3.0lt and Z4 3.0lt is that the Z3 has a kink, which makes the lever sit in the center, not off to the left (on RHD cars). which doesn't bug me at all, cause the Z4 has such a short throw
-
Stevin
- E30 Zone Regular

- Posts: 447
- Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:00 pm
- Location: JHB South Africa
One thing, what Z3 selector is that in the article, and also what does the selector rod look like b4 u bend it... I'm just curious, cause I'm going be doing this mod when the motor is out the car. I can't get a look at it right now.
-
Cloggy Saint
- Old Skooler

- Posts: 8027
- Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:00 pm
- Location: zummerzet

