Hello everyone,
Unfortunately I spanked my 318is into a tyre wall at Castle Combe on Friday. Luckily the only damage is to the passenger door, didn't touch the rear 3/4 panel or front wing. I have put a posted message in the wanted section for a new door!!
Anyway when I hit the tyre wall my brake warning light came on. Now I know the brakes are fine, all new last week, am I likely just to have disturbed/broken the sensor?
More importantly my drivers front suspension seems to have developed a bit of a knock. Sounds a bit like when the rear shock top mounts have gone. Is there anything similar on the front and how easy are they to change?Also seem to have slight rubbing when turning left, again from the same wheel. Is this likely to be the brake disc guard or related to the knock?
Any help greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Chris
Knocking noise and brake light and door
Moderator: martauto
-
Brianmoooore
- E30 Zone Team Member

- Posts: 49360
- Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:00 pm
Check all the plastic liners under the wheelarches etc. are still in place.
Which brake warning light? The're are up to five on an E30.
Which brake warning light? The're are up to five on an E30.
-
PeteE30Tourer
- E30 Zone Camper

- Posts: 1317
- Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:00 pm
- Location: Dorset
Chris, this should be in the Tech Help section really - i'll move it there for you.
-
chaosss
- E30 Zone Newbie

- Posts: 79
- Joined: Fri May 06, 2005 11:00 pm
Thanks for the replies. Sorry about the topic location.
The brake warning light which has come on is the pad low light I believe. A circle with dashes around it.
I have removed the lower half of the wheel arch liners and secured them in place to allow more air to get to the brakes. I will check this again though as I did initally have problems but thought I had solved them. Have to admit the noise sounds different. The knocking is the main worry at the moment.
Would the shock knock if it was knackered? I will try bouncing the car when I get home to try that but any other suggestions.
The brake warning light which has come on is the pad low light I believe. A circle with dashes around it.
I have removed the lower half of the wheel arch liners and secured them in place to allow more air to get to the brakes. I will check this again though as I did initally have problems but thought I had solved them. Have to admit the noise sounds different. The knocking is the main worry at the moment.
Would the shock knock if it was knackered? I will try bouncing the car when I get home to try that but any other suggestions.
