OK so I was on the way home from work yesterday, country roads I know quite well - trying to save fuel as I'm broke

and I get overtaken by a tosser in a gazzed up blacked out punto

Big exhaust and all that, so I speed up to follow him, he's not really going that fast

So the overtaking opportunity arises- 3rd gear down to 2nd I overtake and get up to 80ish, come over a hill to be confronted by a junction I don't remember being so soon. Slam on the brakes and to my horror the car does not seem to be stopping quick enough

I push the pedal harder and it makes no differance as the ABS has alreaady cut it

quick down changes and a bit of revving that I wouldn't usually subject my engine to and I manage to stop at the T junction...just
I have had this problem with the ABS before too, it's great on the motorway and stuff but on country lanes etc I'd rather have it cut in later and get a bit more feel.
So my question is - is the any mod that will allow me to change the cut in point of the ABS? Brian electronics genius where are you? I'd rather not just pull out the ABS fuse cos I do still want it to work when totally needed. Any ideas? And has anyone else had any similar experiences?