shirick cam
Moderator: martauto
-
novakiller
- E30 Zone Newbie

- Posts: 90
- Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:00 pm
any one no how much they are and are they easy 2 fit?
-
Rearwheel_nick
- E30 Zone Regular

- Posts: 361
- Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:00 pm
i'm confused. you have a poll about car colour. ?
which profile schrick cam?
which profile schrick cam?
-
novakiller
- E30 Zone Newbie

- Posts: 90
- Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:00 pm
nt sure witch cam just somthing 2 spice my sport up a bit?
-
astondg
- E30 Zone Regular

- Posts: 853
- Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:00 pm
- Location: Brisbane, Australia
Well I guess if you want a Shrick cam just to give your sport a bit more you probably don't want idle problems so I would go with diamond swartz schwartz, although I also like alpine white.
Aston
If you really want to know about the cam I think most people go with a 272/272 for a good performance increase without too much effect on idle or the next one up (is it 284?) for more performance (probably at higher rpm too with maybe a little less down low) and a lumpy idle. I haven't tried any. Shrick are expensive though, have you thought about getting one made to the same specs but from somewhere else becaue it might be cheaper?
Aston
If you really want to know about the cam I think most people go with a 272/272 for a good performance increase without too much effect on idle or the next one up (is it 284?) for more performance (probably at higher rpm too with maybe a little less down low) and a lumpy idle. I haven't tried any. Shrick are expensive though, have you thought about getting one made to the same specs but from somewhere else becaue it might be cheaper?
BMW E30 323i with some stuff
1:05.17 @ Queensland Raceway Sprint track
1:10.09 @ Queensland Raceway Clubman track
1:21.67 @ Morgan Park Raceway
1:05.17 @ Queensland Raceway Sprint track
1:10.09 @ Queensland Raceway Clubman track
1:21.67 @ Morgan Park Raceway
-
PeteE30Tourer
- E30 Zone Camper

- Posts: 1317
- Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:00 pm
- Location: Dorset
I think the Schrick cams are about Ԛ£300 to Ԛ£400. I just bought a Dbilas 272/284 cam from L&S Cartek on German ebay for Ԛ£200, plus another Ԛ£100 for the uprated springs. Dont know how it runs yet, but i'll hopefully know by the weekend.
Swapping the cam is relatively easy assuming you've got the head off the car of course. I've done mine over the past three evenings, though i'm very slow at doing these jobs. Getting the springs back in is the worst bit. See the excellent tech article on this website about reconditioning your head for details of how it's all done.
Swapping the cam is relatively easy assuming you've got the head off the car of course. I've done mine over the past three evenings, though i'm very slow at doing these jobs. Getting the springs back in is the worst bit. See the excellent tech article on this website about reconditioning your head for details of how it's all done.
