A/C front panel

Need technical Q/A then you're in the right place

Moderator: martauto

User avatar
tourer-dan
E30 Zone Regular
E30 Zone Regular
Posts: 482
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: romford, essex

Post Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:15 pm

You'll all be sick as pigs to know I have lovely air con in my tourer, however I have a question about the front panel.
(I mean the bodywork that the fog lights fit in)
You see I have 2 long oblong holes as opposed to the normal 1, I'm thinking it's because of the air con. The lower one (oil cooler) has the normal grille, whereas the top one is just a hole. Should there be any kind of trim? I' haven't seen any others on the road while I've been looking - typical.
A1BMW325iSport
E30 Zone Addict
E30 Zone Addict
Posts: 4239
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: Mid Wales

Post Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:58 pm

can you take a photo please
User avatar
tourer-dan
E30 Zone Regular
E30 Zone Regular
Posts: 482
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: romford, essex

Post Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:22 pm

Oh Jesus.
A picture?
on here?

drrrrrrrrible.................

computer says no.
manu
E30 Zone Newbie
E30 Zone Newbie
Posts: 95
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:00 pm

Post Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:33 pm

my tourer has A/C in it and boy is it a godsend in this weather...............

I dont know which panel you are talking about.......

a photo would be great......go on....have a go!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A1BMW325iSport
E30 Zone Addict
E30 Zone Addict
Posts: 4239
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: Mid Wales

Post Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:57 pm

email me the photo and i`ll put it up on here for you
User avatar
BMBOB
E30 Zone Newbie
E30 Zone Newbie
Posts: 142
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: Essex

Post Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:34 pm

there is no trim on the top cutout above oil cooler vent/grill.
Ive got air-con too. :cool:
Cloggy Saint
Old Skooler
Old Skooler
Posts: 8027
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: zummerzet

Post Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:38 pm

Yup, i have a/c and the upper panel is open
Image

E30 zone - promoting adult illiteracy since 2004
manu
E30 Zone Newbie
E30 Zone Newbie
Posts: 95
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:00 pm

Post Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:19 am

while were on the subject of A/C, can anyone tell me why i hav'nt got a 're-circulation' button on the left side of the blower control.....i only have the on/off switch for the air-con?..........ie just the one button instead of two.........do i need the recirculation?

manu
A1BMW325iSport
E30 Zone Addict
E30 Zone Addict
Posts: 4239
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: Mid Wales

Post Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:10 pm

early models just the air con switch, the dual button switch is fitted to later models with re-circ afaik
manu
E30 Zone Newbie
E30 Zone Newbie
Posts: 95
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:00 pm

Post Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:58 pm

thanks mate

that explains it then!!!!!!!!!!!!

manu
User avatar
Paul02
E30 Zone Newbie
E30 Zone Newbie
Posts: 147
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:00 pm

Post Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:29 pm

Can air con be retro fitted,if so,by who in London/Kent.If not can the parts be bought new or secondhand.Car is 325i sport.
Thanks Paul
User avatar
tourer-dan
E30 Zone Regular
E30 Zone Regular
Posts: 482
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: romford, essex

Post Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:35 pm

Thanks guys that answers my question. Looks a bit untidy IMHO. One day I'll be clever enough to post pics........


BTW: in answer to the above question, I would source a second hand kit (read CAR) and fit it myself then have the man come and gas it for me. Be prepared to have the dash out. Bear in mind that when the AC is switched on, the idle picks up. I'm not sure how this happens, so you might need some 'non-ac' bits you might not have thought of. (ECU??)