hello all i,ve recently become the proud owner of a e30 but it needs a new radiator but as the car has had the engine swapped i wasn't sure if the one fitted to the car is the original one, the car originally was a 2 liter but is now a 2.5 anyway ill attach a pic and hopefully you can help with which radiator i need
[img][img]http://i711.photobucket.com/albums/ww12 ... c8o9sk.jpg[/img][/img]
[img][img]http://i711.photobucket.com/albums/ww12 ... 86oiu9.jpg[/img][/img][/url]
what radiator is this ?
Moderator: martauto
-
Brianmoooore
- E30 Zone Team Member

- Posts: 49360
- Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:00 pm
Definitely not the original E30 one. Six pot E30s have a separate header tank.
It's probably from an E36 or similar, but you'll need its dimensions for an exact identification.
When you fit the new one, sort those badly fitted top and bottom hoses out. Both nrrd trimming at the radiator end, and why on earth is the body of the hose clip on the bottom hose at the engine end occupying the already limited space between the engine and rad?
It's probably from an E36 or similar, but you'll need its dimensions for an exact identification.
When you fit the new one, sort those badly fitted top and bottom hoses out. Both nrrd trimming at the radiator end, and why on earth is the body of the hose clip on the bottom hose at the engine end occupying the already limited space between the engine and rad?
-
Benjer182
- E30 Zone Newbie

- Posts: 57
- Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:00 pm
Ok cheers mate and yeah I know about the pipes, thats laziness on someone else's part, I will trim them up I noticed when I was in there that the angles were a bit tight, I'll get out and measure it up tomorrow and post my findings
-
Benjer182
- E30 Zone Newbie

- Posts: 57
- Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:00 pm
Ok mate cheers, like I said above I'll measure it up and get back to you guys on here, then I'll order one through my old work to get trade price 
-
DanThe
- E30 Zone Team Member

- Posts: 28649
- Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:00 pm
- Location: Staffs
Approx 440 x 440 is the core size you want, these are fitted to E36 cars with air conditioning
-
Benjer182
- E30 Zone Newbie

- Posts: 57
- Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:00 pm
^^^ you sir are correct, I've measured up. Is there a specific model or just any engine with air con ?
-
DanThe
- E30 Zone Team Member

- Posts: 28649
- Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:00 pm
- Location: Staffs
If you ask for a 328i AC rad you can't go wrong 
-
Benjer182
- E30 Zone Newbie

- Posts: 57
- Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:00 pm
Thank you very much, although you say " can't go wrong " I was going to call euro car parts so in sure it will go very wrong
-
DanThe
- E30 Zone Team Member

- Posts: 28649
- Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:00 pm
- Location: Staffs
Anything is possible with ECP 
