1987 318i NOT STARTING!! HELP!

Need technical Q/A then you're in the right place

Moderator: martauto

User avatar
Jackdimitri
E30 Zone Newbie
E30 Zone Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:00 pm

Post Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:06 pm

Hello everyone,
I am a new member and I am in dying need of all of your thoughts and opinions!
I own a 1987 318i, the engine is a m40b18, I have just rebuilt the top half of the engine due to a blown head gasket!
However now everything is back together the car will only crank and will not start! I have checked for spark and I have a nice one, i know there is no fuel entering the engine as I pulled out a spark plug after cranking and it was dry, so the problem I feel lies with the injectors? Is there a common fault here? I'm not sure what to do next!

( I DO have fuel pressure)
Thanks jack[/u]
User avatar
Brianmoooore
E30 Zone Team Member
E30 Zone Team Member
Posts: 49360
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:00 pm

Post Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:02 pm

Where (EXACTLY) did you check the fuel pressure?
User avatar
Jackdimitri
E30 Zone Newbie
E30 Zone Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:00 pm

Post Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:06 pm

I check the fuel pressure at the start of the fuel rail
User avatar
Brianmoooore
E30 Zone Team Member
E30 Zone Team Member
Posts: 49360
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:00 pm

Post Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:13 pm

At the pipe going to the fuel pressure regulator or the other one?
User avatar
Jackdimitri
E30 Zone Newbie
E30 Zone Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:00 pm

Post Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:06 pm

The pipe coming straight out of the top of the fuel filter
User avatar
Jackdimitri
E30 Zone Newbie
E30 Zone Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:00 pm

Post Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:25 pm

The fuel lines were the wrong way round! It's alive!! Thanks everyone!:)
Yeti
Old Skooler
Old Skooler
Posts: 273
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:00 pm

Post Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:29 pm

lol had a feeling it was that glad you got it dude