You'll all be sick as pigs to know I have lovely air con in my tourer, however I have a question about the front panel.
(I mean the bodywork that the fog lights fit in)
You see I have 2 long oblong holes as opposed to the normal 1, I'm thinking it's because of the air con. The lower one (oil cooler) has the normal grille, whereas the top one is just a hole. Should there be any kind of trim? I' haven't seen any others on the road while I've been looking - typical.
A/C front panel
Moderator: martauto
-
tourer-dan
- E30 Zone Regular

- Posts: 482
- Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 11:00 pm
- Location: romford, essex
-
A1BMW325iSport
- E30 Zone Addict

- Posts: 4239
- Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:00 pm
- Location: Mid Wales
can you take a photo please
-
tourer-dan
- E30 Zone Regular

- Posts: 482
- Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 11:00 pm
- Location: romford, essex
Oh Jesus.
A picture?
on here?
drrrrrrrrible.................
computer says no.
A picture?
on here?
drrrrrrrrible.................
computer says no.
-
manu
- E30 Zone Newbie

- Posts: 95
- Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:00 pm
my tourer has A/C in it and boy is it a godsend in this weather...............
I dont know which panel you are talking about.......
a photo would be great......go on....have a go!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I dont know which panel you are talking about.......
a photo would be great......go on....have a go!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-
A1BMW325iSport
- E30 Zone Addict

- Posts: 4239
- Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:00 pm
- Location: Mid Wales
email me the photo and i`ll put it up on here for you
-
BMBOB
- E30 Zone Newbie

- Posts: 142
- Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:00 pm
- Location: Essex
there is no trim on the top cutout above oil cooler vent/grill.
Ive got air-con too.
Ive got air-con too.
-
Cloggy Saint
- Old Skooler

- Posts: 8027
- Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:00 pm
- Location: zummerzet
-
manu
- E30 Zone Newbie

- Posts: 95
- Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:00 pm
while were on the subject of A/C, can anyone tell me why i hav'nt got a 're-circulation' button on the left side of the blower control.....i only have the on/off switch for the air-con?..........ie just the one button instead of two.........do i need the recirculation?
manu
manu
-
A1BMW325iSport
- E30 Zone Addict

- Posts: 4239
- Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:00 pm
- Location: Mid Wales
early models just the air con switch, the dual button switch is fitted to later models with re-circ afaik
-
manu
- E30 Zone Newbie

- Posts: 95
- Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:00 pm
thanks mate
that explains it then!!!!!!!!!!!!
manu
that explains it then!!!!!!!!!!!!
manu
-
Paul02
- E30 Zone Newbie

- Posts: 147
- Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:00 pm
Can air con be retro fitted,if so,by who in London/Kent.If not can the parts be bought new or secondhand.Car is 325i sport.
Thanks Paul
Thanks Paul
-
tourer-dan
- E30 Zone Regular

- Posts: 482
- Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 11:00 pm
- Location: romford, essex
Thanks guys that answers my question. Looks a bit untidy IMHO. One day I'll be clever enough to post pics........
BTW: in answer to the above question, I would source a second hand kit (read CAR) and fit it myself then have the man come and gas it for me. Be prepared to have the dash out. Bear in mind that when the AC is switched on, the idle picks up. I'm not sure how this happens, so you might need some 'non-ac' bits you might not have thought of. (ECU??)
BTW: in answer to the above question, I would source a second hand kit (read CAR) and fit it myself then have the man come and gas it for me. Be prepared to have the dash out. Bear in mind that when the AC is switched on, the idle picks up. I'm not sure how this happens, so you might need some 'non-ac' bits you might not have thought of. (ECU??)


