Do I need to use a press to get them out, or some sort of bush puller tool?
Rear swing arm bushes
Moderator: martauto
-
325zimmer
- E30 Zone Newbie

- Posts: 98
- Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:00 pm
- Location: Ruislip, London
Has anyone ever changed the rear swing arm bushes and if so, whatÔš's required to do the job, as I want to change them for poly bushes.
Do I need to use a press to get them out, or some sort of bush puller tool?

Do I need to use a press to get them out, or some sort of bush puller tool?

-
martinclan
- E30 Zone Newbie

- Posts: 171
- Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:00 pm
You can draw them out using one large and one small socket and a length of threaded rod. They tned to be a bit stubborn tho' You can use the same principle (in revers) to put the new ones back in but make sure you use plenty of lubricant. Not sure what you should use for poly bushes but for the standard rubber ones Fairly Liquid or vasleline works best.
Robin
Robin

It's an E30 Jim but not as we know it...
-
calder
- E30 Zone Newbie

- Posts: 129
- Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:00 pm
- Location: Kent
polybushes will just push in by hand
I think i drilled the old oem bushes out when i did mine
I think i drilled the old oem bushes out when i did mine
