Rocker gasket sealant?

Need technical Q/A then you're in the right place

Moderator: martauto

Adam318i
E30 Zone Squatter
E30 Zone Squatter
Posts: 1649
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: Cornwall

Post Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:08 pm

Right guys i've got a spare rocker cover and im gona paint/polish it black.

I've bought some gasket sealant today.

Image

Will it be ok to use on the plastic gasket?

Oh also got these in the post this morning

Image

For my 325 caliper upgrade :D

Adam
Image
I love my Rice!
TOURINGDADDY
E30 Zone Addict
E30 Zone Addict
Posts: 2268
Joined: Sat May 14, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: PORTSMOUTH

Post Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:09 pm

if u got a new gasket no need 4 the red rubbish mate, nice discs btw
Image
Dan318-is
Married to the E30 Zone
Married to the E30 Zone
Posts: 8006
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: Surrey/London

Post Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:10 pm

are they ATE power discs??

u get em of eurocarparts??

mine are in the post lol
Adam318i
E30 Zone Squatter
E30 Zone Squatter
Posts: 1649
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: Cornwall

Post Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:25 pm

318-is, yes, and yes :cool:

TouringD, so if you have a cork gasket you need to use a sealant, but with a rubber gasket you dont need anything at all (maybe a little smear of oil)?

Adam
Image
I love my Rice!
smithy318i
Engaged to the E30 Zone
Engaged to the E30 Zone
Posts: 5797
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: Tyne & Wear

Post Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:29 pm

:yeahthat:
Image
E30Adam
Married to the E30 Zone
Married to the E30 Zone
Posts: 8483
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:00 pm
Location: Bournemouth

Post Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:44 pm

Don't contaminate the new gasket surface with that rubbish mate, it's for Halfrauds bodgers!!!

Just make sure that both surfaces are nice and clean, probably would have been money better spent on a gasket scraper, perhaps you could return it and change it???

ATE Power discs are good, work well with Pagid Fast Road pads, that's what I'm running. Get some ATE super blue fluid in there too, I think I saw mention of a group buy on this stuff.
Image

2.8 Litre M20 powered - Essen Sie meinen Staub biatch
Adam318i
E30 Zone Squatter
E30 Zone Squatter
Posts: 1649
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: Cornwall

Post Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:31 am

Right well i got that crap at Halfords today so back it goes.

Will make sure all surfaces are clean :thumb:

Gona get Pagid FR pads too :thumb:

One step ahead :thumb:

Image

Adam :cool:
Image
I love my Rice!