Have you guys got any photos of the above please. e30 318/316
I need to find out whether there are differences or a change of casing through the production run. Daft I know but any photos much appreciated.
I am trying to swap a m20 front casting piece with a m10/m40 one I and I need to know if they fit....
regards
Mark
e30 4 pot gearbox casing
Moderator: martauto
-
bmw02rally
- E30 Zone Newbie

- Posts: 87
- Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:00 pm
- Location: Was Cardiff/ Now Gold Coast
-
Gwynleym10
- E30 Zone Addict

- Posts: 3650
- Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:00 pm
- Location: London/Cymru
Have you tried thte online ETK? This will have all the diagrams that you need! and part numbers
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/select.do
I don't think m10/m40/m42/m20 bell housings are the same.
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/select.do
I don't think m10/m40/m42/m20 bell housings are the same.
-
bmw02rally
- E30 Zone Newbie

- Posts: 87
- Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:00 pm
- Location: Was Cardiff/ Now Gold Coast
Cheers for that!
I never new about that site. Very useful!!!
I'm trying to find out whether the rear of a 245 dogleg box casing will fit the front of a 240 casing?
I have a very rare dogleg five speed from an early 323i and I'm trying to get it to fit my m10 block. The only reason I can't put the front casing of the original four speed on it is because the selector shaft is too long and there is an indent pin at the front of the shaft which is accessed through a hole in the side.
If the e30 5 speed has the indent pin and the long shaft then I'm laughing, if it hasn't then I might have a dogleg box for an m20 for sale.
Regards
Mark
I never new about that site. Very useful!!!
I'm trying to find out whether the rear of a 245 dogleg box casing will fit the front of a 240 casing?
I have a very rare dogleg five speed from an early 323i and I'm trying to get it to fit my m10 block. The only reason I can't put the front casing of the original four speed on it is because the selector shaft is too long and there is an indent pin at the front of the shaft which is accessed through a hole in the side.
If the e30 5 speed has the indent pin and the long shaft then I'm laughing, if it hasn't then I might have a dogleg box for an m20 for sale.
Regards
Mark

