Must be my slow starting / low performance problem (PICS)

Need technical Q/A then you're in the right place

Moderator: martauto

Wilson
E30 Zone Regular
E30 Zone Regular
Posts: 725
Joined: Sat May 21, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: Ipswich

Post Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:08 pm

The last thing I can think of on the engine that hasn't been replaced / or checked is the injectors.... Even the car has been replaced!!! :mad:

I took the injectors out of my donar engine the other day (using Ants instructions... Cheers) I knew this engine ran well and was fast, apart from the cracked head!!

I replaced all 12 of the O rings ready to put in my E30 325i... and tonight I took the injectors out of the engine in the car... only to find the following

Image

Image


The plastic bit on the end of one is completely missing... dissappeared... what are these plastic bits and what do they do???

Anyone agree this must be my problem????

Anyhow, I ran out of light so will be fitting the other rail tomorrow or at the weekend... can't wait, I'll be so dissapointed if its still slow!!! at the moment I'm literally only just quicker than my mates 320i!!!!

Bad news is I snapped the K&N filter fitment, so gotta get one of them now aswell!!!!
Image
User avatar
tourer-dan
E30 Zone Regular
E30 Zone Regular
Posts: 482
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: romford, essex

Post Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:15 pm

Sorry, not so much a reply as a question:
How do you get the wire clips off the injectors? I couldn't find any pushy/pully bit and looked like I would have to break the wire to get it off, so I just cleaned the inlet manifold with them still on and out it back together!
Wilson
E30 Zone Regular
E30 Zone Regular
Posts: 725
Joined: Sat May 21, 2005 11:00 pm
Location: Ipswich

Post Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:19 pm

Wire clips off the injectors....?????

Not sure what you meant, do you mean the plugs that are on a rail runs alongside the injector rail?

or the clips that hold the injector to the injector rail?

If either of the above, I just pulled them!!!
Image