



After 23 years of ownership the time has come to sell on my modified 1989 BMW E30 cabriolet.
The car was non-standard when I bought it in 2003 (lowered suspension, de-chromed and de-ambered) so I continued to modify it over the years with additions such as "Angel Eyes" headlights and crystal rear lights along with E46 electric seats.
For 10 years or so the plan was to replace the 2.0 litre engine with a 2.8 or even an Alpina engine but in the end I decided that was too much work and decided to look for a 325 engine instead. What turned up was a 325 motor taken out to 3.1 litres using the long-stroke big-bore conversion from Ireland Engineering in California - too good to resist!
I SORNed the vehicle last year after an ignition fault, now rectified, but I have decided that I'm getting too old to keep things going and it is time to pass the car on to a new owner.
Located in Westgate on Sea near Margate in Kent.
Features:
3.1 litre engine - 325i with Ireland Engineering long-stroke big-bore conversion, fast road camshaft, LinkECU engine management system, tubular exhaust. Set up by KAP Tuning in Folkestone including top-end rebuild, over £8,000 spent in total
Suspension lowered 30mm, slotted front discs
15" BBS alloy wheels (inc spare)
"Angel Eyes" headlights and crystal rear lights
De-chromed and de-ambered
BMW factory hardtop
Black leather interior with E46 electric seats
M3 automatic gearbox
M3 steering wheel
Issues to address:
Currently without MOT, although it passed its previous test with only minor advisories
Some welding needed on rear passenger side wheel arch
Corrosion on passenger side front wing, but a spare wing in perfect condition is included in the sale
Signs of rust on the door sills, not considered structural at the last MOT
Paintwork a little rough round the edges and the hardtop could do with a tidy up inside
One small crack in the dashboard on the passenger side
Electric aerial needs replacing but all wiring is in place
Currently has a fuel leak in the engine compartment, looking to get that fixed
£8,500

