BBS LM rep's

In Car Entertainment - NO SELLING OF I.C.E. PLEASE

Moderator: martauto

BMWill87
E30 Zone Newbie
E30 Zone Newbie
Posts: 73
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:00 pm

Post Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:47 pm

Guys

I'm thinking about getting some BBS LM rep's for my car. Will

Front 7x16 et20
Rear 9x16 et25

fit and what tyre size do I go for ? the car isn't lowered and I don't want to do any arch rolling if I can help it, also will the speedo be thrown out much ? Any advice will be greatly appreciated :)
E30S
E30 Zone Newbie
E30 Zone Newbie
Posts: 130
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:00 pm

Post Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:08 pm

Look at the Lenso thread.......



Think the LM rep's will look good :cool:
leeparkes
Married to the E30 Zone
Married to the E30 Zone
Posts: 9535
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:00 pm
Location: Black country

Post Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:41 pm

E30S wrote:Look at the Lenso thread.......
Where's the lenso thread?


Imo id go for 205/50/16 on the front and 215/45/16 on the rear, you 'may get away with 225 on the rear if you have standard suspension.

Got a link to the wheels your on about?
Cypriotgeeza wrote:I done both my mates in my old 318is
felt so proud,even tried it with a E30 325i and got put in my place.. :o:
BMWill87
E30 Zone Newbie
E30 Zone Newbie
Posts: 73
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:00 pm

Post Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:04 pm

Well I went and done it !

fronts 7x16 tyres 205/50/16
rears 9x16 tyres 225/45/16

Photos make the gold look really bright but it's actually darker. Car could probably do with a little lowering but I don't want to lose driveability for looks. I may change my mind though :roll:

Image

Image

Image
User avatar
Mattj
E30 Zone Newbie
E30 Zone Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:00 pm

Post Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:36 pm

They look sterling pal! a tiny bit lower to remove the arch gaps and that will look stunning.
leeparkes
Married to the E30 Zone
Married to the E30 Zone
Posts: 9535
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:00 pm
Location: Black country

Post Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:03 pm

ooh, they look nice. :cool:

Edit; what do the fronts look like being 7j? (the dish)
Cypriotgeeza wrote:I done both my mates in my old 318is
felt so proud,even tried it with a E30 325i and got put in my place.. :o:
BMWill87
E30 Zone Newbie
E30 Zone Newbie
Posts: 73
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:00 pm

Post Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:04 pm

leeparkes wrote:ooh, they look nice. :cool:

Edit; what do the fronts look like being 7j? (the dish)

I think the fronts look good, there is hardly any dish (about the same as the original BBS's) but I'm an old school hot rodder at heart and like the exaggerated look of the wider rear, the lack of dish at the front helps with the look. Also I wanted to keep the fronts the same width as my original wheels, no PS makes anything wider a pain in the proverbial when turning at slow speed.
bss325i
E30 Zone Team Member
E30 Zone Team Member
Posts: 24532
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:00 pm
Location: London/Surrey

Post Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:10 pm

Looks great! Good to see you got the correct size tyres too.
http://www.bmrperformance.co.uk

BMW and MINI specialist - Gatwick
BMWill87
E30 Zone Newbie
E30 Zone Newbie
Posts: 73
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:00 pm

Post Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:17 pm

bss325i wrote:Looks great! Good to see you got the correct size tyres too.
Thanks Barry, can't take credit for picking the correct tyre sizes, that was down to Mark at BM Auto. He did say if I go lower the arches will need to be rolled.