E30 1990 318i touring
I've now done the mod.....It's taken 2 years for me to get round to doing this !!!
Unfortunately it hasn't resolved the problem.
Before the mod :
If I unlocked the FOS driver's door, the FNS and the ROS door would unlock. The RNS would remain locked 95% of the time, occasionally popping up if it felt like it. Using the boot to lock, would activate the FNS and ROS but not the driver's FOS.
If I locked the FOS driver's door, the FNS and the ROS would also lock.... but quite regularly the two later doors would immediately pop up and unlock.
Also a lot of unwanted locking/unlocking without even trying to do so.
After the mod :
I've only locked up about 15 / 20 times since the mod. Only on one occasion has the FNS and the ROS also locked at the same time ( the RNS stays locked 95% of the time anyway). All the other times the only door that unlocks is the driver's FOS.
Similarly when locking up by the driver's door, that is the only door that locks.
Using the boot lock only unlocks / locks the boot.
Also only a couple of unwanted locking /unlocking without even trying to do so.
ANY ADVICE ON THIS ISSUE WELCOME... Thanks.
Central locking- Red & black wire mod question
Moderator: martauto
-
paultv
- E30 Zone Squatter

- Posts: 1545
- Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:00 pm
- Location: Auf dem Schnee: Germany
I reckon this is the best analysis/guide available:
http://www.mesaperformance.com/faqs/centlock.html
Paul
http://www.mesaperformance.com/faqs/centlock.html
Paul
4th May 1990 325i Convertible.
BMW E30 Cabriolet Best Mod Ever:
https://bmwe30cabriolet-wdm.blogspot.com/
BMW E30 Cabriolet Best Mod Ever:
https://bmwe30cabriolet-wdm.blogspot.com/
-
Walter
- E30 Zone Newbie

- Posts: 37
- Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:00 pm
Appreciate your response Paul. ... Looks useful.
