Ok so I've had 3 days of ripping wires out of this car. Very very bad wiring from the previous owner!! Shocking that the car hasn't burnt out to be brutally honest. But I'm ontop of it now and no damage to loom ect..
So I've found 4 wires that are open ended that come from the loom on glove box side that I can't follow back any more and need help identifying. ..
These are -
Light blue/yellow
Blue/Green
Red/green (small)
And brown
Any help I would be grateful for
What are these for oleate?
Thank you
Identifying wires help please maybe brianmooore will know ?
Moderator: martauto
-
e30-EVN
- Old Skooler

- Posts: 3382
- Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:00 pm
- Location: S.Wales
A 2 door e30 with 8 cylinders, what could be better

-
Brianmoooore
- E30 Zone Team Member

- Posts: 49360
- Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:00 pm
Brown = earth
Red/green = 12 volts permanent live from fuse 21
Yellow/blue and green/blue are central locking lock request and unlock request respectively.
Connections to an aftermarket locking interface???
Red/green = 12 volts permanent live from fuse 21
Yellow/blue and green/blue are central locking lock request and unlock request respectively.
Connections to an aftermarket locking interface???
-
e30-EVN
- Old Skooler

- Posts: 3382
- Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:00 pm
- Location: S.Wales
It did have a stuoid aftermarket key fob for locking the car Brian yes. I've cut it out. It was wired in very badly (in places household wire
)
So the red/green I should cap then? And the brown...
I don't know why the other 2 are just left cut. The locking did work on the fob. The yellow/Blue and blue/green came out of the fuse box, and run along the wing with the loom. But looks as tho he spliced into it with again, household wire and the other end of this was just left going nowhere :/
So the red/green I should cap then? And the brown...
I don't know why the other 2 are just left cut. The locking did work on the fob. The yellow/Blue and blue/green came out of the fuse box, and run along the wing with the loom. But looks as tho he spliced into it with again, household wire and the other end of this was just left going nowhere :/
A 2 door e30 with 8 cylinders, what could be better

