M20b28 conversion-no fuel no spark *Help*

Need technical Q/A then you're in the right place

Moderator: martauto

User avatar
liamobzr
E30 Zone Newbie
E30 Zone Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:00 pm

Post Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:37 pm

Swapped late spec b20 to a b28 and have no spark or fuel. Odd thing is when I connected a spark plug to the master lead from the coil I get spark for 10 seconds and then it dies for 40 seconds and repeats itself over and over as long as the ignition is turned on. Is this normal? If it is I can move on to the next step as I'm not getting a buzz from the ICV while ignition is on.
User avatar
Brianmoooore
E30 Zone Team Member
E30 Zone Team Member
Posts: 49360
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:00 pm

Post Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:25 pm

Engine to body earth strap fitted? What you describe with the sparks is not remotely normal!
User avatar
liamobzr
E30 Zone Newbie
E30 Zone Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:00 pm

Post Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:03 pm

Earth strap sanded and refitted, no buzz from ICV. Tried 3 different DME relays and none of them are transferring power from pin 30 to the two 87's when cranking. Swapped the Ecu and cps for known working ones and still no spark and no fuel :cry: