Hey all
The car has been doing this for a few months now, Sounds like I have a budgie in my dashboard on blower fan position 1.
I am guessing I have to remove the blower fan and lube the bearings up but what would you use for this as I had a quick google and dry lube was mentioned? Not sure if that is correct I did lube the bearings about 3 years ago but cannot remember what I used and obviously it did not last long.
Any suggestions?
Cheers
Leigh
Heater blower fan noisy
Moderator: martauto
-
bigbird76
- E30 Zone Regular

- Posts: 571
- Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:00 pm
- Location: Swansea Wales UK
-
Brianmoooore
- E30 Zone Team Member

- Posts: 49360
- Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:00 pm
Light oil, such as "Three in one".
The motor has to be removed from the car, lubricated, powered up in your hand from a battery, with the shaft vertical, lubricated again, turned the other way up, powered up again. Repeat several times.
Sure it's not a leaf or similar stuck in the fan?
The motor has to be removed from the car, lubricated, powered up in your hand from a battery, with the shaft vertical, lubricated again, turned the other way up, powered up again. Repeat several times.
Sure it's not a leaf or similar stuck in the fan?
-
bigbird76
- E30 Zone Regular

- Posts: 571
- Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:00 pm
- Location: Swansea Wales UK
Cheers Brian
I will have a look and make sure there is no leaves or anything before I remove the motor.
Leigh
I will have a look and make sure there is no leaves or anything before I remove the motor.
Leigh
-
bigbird76
- E30 Zone Regular

- Posts: 571
- Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:00 pm
- Location: Swansea Wales UK
All done did exactly what you suggested, No leaves but I removed and lubricated and span it with power in my hand, Replaced and all quiet again.
Thanks
Leigh
Thanks
Leigh
