M20 rocker shafts - inlet and exhaust the same?

Need technical Q/A then you're in the right place

Moderator: martauto

User avatar
TriggerFish
E30 Zone Regular
E30 Zone Regular
Posts: 508
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:00 pm
Location: Aylesbury, Bucks

Post Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:09 pm

Hi all,

I've just got my engine back from Byron/maggspower, who suggested that I replace the rocker shafts before I rebuild the engine (it's getting new rockers/camshaft).

My question is: are the rocker shafts different from inlet to exhaust sides? Realoem lists two different part numbers (but lists them both as '4'). Carparts4less (which I don't trust!) Only lists one part. Anyone able to confirm, please?

Cherrs!
Joe

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showpar ... Id=11_4366
User avatar
Brianmoooore
E30 Zone Team Member
E30 Zone Team Member
Posts: 49360
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:00 pm

Post Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:51 pm

Both rocker shafts are the same.
User avatar
TriggerFish
E30 Zone Regular
E30 Zone Regular
Posts: 508
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:00 pm
Location: Aylesbury, Bucks

Post Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:28 am

Excellent, my thanks to you both!

I bet that doesn't stop ECP from delivering the wrong parts though ;)